Making Sure

I have a stock alt
What size is the alt? I don't really see you any problems with just 4 gauge and that kind of power. Unless your alternator is tiny... I run 1200 watts rms with stock alt and 4 gauge and don't get too bad of voltage drops. Not enough to worry about it right now anyway.

My alt is a 105 volt one
Assuming you're referring to amperage, you should be okay. I personally always recommend the Big 3, but a lot of guys don't do it until they have to for whatever reason.

I always recommend upgrading the neg cables at the battery at least. with your system thats about all you should really have to do but if you do the 3 then thats cool too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
I had this same issue with my Sony. When I first got it I had speakers hooked up to the head unit without amplifiers and it worked fine. Once I...
Looks like half a dozen other makes/models on the market, rebranded . The shallow mounts look like they’re made by Pioneer but what the hay, one...
I think it worked .just odd bc it's brand new but I appreciate it man. haven't had any problems yet
Is that speaker in the existing rear deck? Are you running a sub in the trunk?Do you have that speaker on an amplifier?Are you using a stock HU...

About this thread

Richie__Rich

Richie__Rich
Tallahassee, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CrossoverOre