Making a box for coaxial speakers and cant find any reccomendations from anywhere.

Participant count
  • Participants list

nezz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Vehicle : bmw e30

Location in the vehicle: rear deck

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 60cm x 25cm x 10cm

Subwoofer make and model: Massive audio lx46

Subwoofer Size: 4x6

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): ?

What type of music do you like?: Techno, rap, pop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday music

Tuning Freq (Hz):?

Volume :?

Questions: Im not sure if im in the right place since its about subwoofers but il try my luck.

The reason why i want to build a box for them and not mount them in the rear deck is because i get to remove my old speakers and get some preassure into the cabin from the sub.

Hey there, your available space for a box is 0.52cu ft so its pretty small. I supposed given your speaker size of 4 x 6 inches, you could make a box , put a divider in between and make it a sealed enclosure. You may achieve an added thump in the mid-range / mid-bass region but nothing below those frequencies, I am afraid. Its not a subwoofer system that tiny as the enclosure would not allow it to generate bass regions, but if that's what you are chasing, then it should be ok. Also use a little amp with built in cross overs and you may need to tweak it to blend in to your front stage speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...