Make navi/dvd double din suggestions please

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Good morning all,

I have been out of car audio for a while but I hate the stock stereo in my new civic, it has to go. cant even hear the fronts, sounds like all rear fill and is really getting on my nerves. Anyway, I am starting with a head unit because I figure that is a good first step.

I am looking for a Unit with navigation/dvd playback/and bluetooth. I am eventually going to head in the SQ direction so a unit that will mesh well with a sq system is preffered.

I have about 700 to spend, can I get something in this range or should I save more cash? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

I'd get the avh-p4300dvd as it's the newer model //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If your not opposed to a slightly lower screen size the avh-p3300bt is nice too, comes with built-in bluetooth so that saves you 150 bux of buying a BT module

The alpine is definitely the best double din ATM in the double din sq area, they just don't make navi headunits with the sq features audiophiles want

Clarion NX-501 is a very nice double din for just over $600, the interface is fantastic, and Clarion's navteq 3D navi wins out over the Pioneer. 4 volt preouts and WVGA screen as well, nice upgrade from last years NX-500. One thing I like about Clarion decks is they are fast, not laggy, and the IPOD / IPHONE intergration seems to be very smooth.

Also another one, Sony XNV-660bt, right at about $700, if you want the best possible screen clarity, and the best **** Nav in any double din out there, (Tom Tom)get this one. Other than that, the interface is pretty basic, not a lot of flash, and the ipod intergration is somewhat slow. But overall, a great deck, and the picture quality and brightness on DVD / Video playback is second to none.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.