Pioneer avh90bt or avh3200dvd?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well i'm considering both..The 90bt has navi,4v's, 3 band eq. But its used(looks great), lagging problems at times are common w/ this unit,only a 3band eq and it's 100 more then the 3200dvd.

3200dvd has 4v's, 8band eq, newer model and also nib, front usb input but no navi and it has a button type volume not a dial.

I heard the lagging prob is due to a setting left on by defualt on the 90bt.

I have a maggelan 3.5" and 4.3" gps's so i guess i dont really need navi but would like a all in one unit. But from the 2 options the smarter would prob be the 3200..I'd be taking a chance on the 90bt being that its 120 more then the 3200, used and 2 years old. 3200 is nib, 1yr warrenty and has great user reviews.

Which would you pick?

I'm biased because I have the 3200dvd and never owned the 90, so all I can tell you is the 3200 is a great head unit. I also have a standalone gps so really unless you need bt the decision seems pretty simple.

I'm biased because I have the 3200dvd and never owned the 90, so all I can tell you is the 3200 is a great head unit. I also have a standalone gps so really unless you need bt the decision seems pretty simple.
This.....Fucking LOVE my 3200

lol, I knew it was going to be obvious but 1 less thing hardwired kept me thinking. And i'm on a strict budget of 300 w/o nav. I'd go 400 w/ navi but it would have to be newish, 4v, a good eq and pioneer. Near impossible. Was pondering the d3 but they're 2v, 3 band and have horrible reviews.

I should be picking up the 3200 next week, allready bought the bypass and all the install gear.. Just wanted some other opinions.

I wouldn't get either one unless you're just in love with the looks of Pioneer. I have a f90bt in my truck, and just put the 3300bt in my girl's car. The 3300 has a little hiss or background noise. There's no rca by any power wire, and the gain on the amp is way down. I'm sick of the slow bootup on the f90bt, and it just krapped out on me yesterday. There's a software or firmware fix for it with an sd card on the Avic forum. It will get sold when I fix it. I'm getting an Alpine ina-w900bt because I miss the sound quality of my stolen iva-w505. I'd pick the f90bt between the 2. The 90bt also has a kind of noisy fan that keeps it cool that can be annoying.

I take back what I said about the noise on the 3300bt. I had a 4ch PG Octane amp hooked up, and just swapped it with a Kicker zx350.4. It sounds better and is background-noise free. I would recommend the 3200dvd/3300bt, but still don't like the Avic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.