make my trunk stop rattling

Its called Dynamat. Strip your car, install that everywhere. It should help the rattle, but is rattle a bad thing? Maybe so, but it proves you having a flipping awesome system.

Thanks, I was dead serious about that.
Because that won't hurt the trunk lid at all structurally. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

What about when you want to get stuff out of the trunk? You open it up(with difficulty) and you have a big ass cinder block just hanging there, and it can possibly smash into **** you have in the trunk. That, and the trunk won't stay open by itself.

Now you see why i made that comment?

Because that won't hurt the trunk lid at all structurally. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
What about when you want to get stuff out of the trunk? You open it up(with difficulty) and you have a big ass cinder block just hanging there, and it can possibly smash into **** you have in the trunk. That, and the trunk won't stay open by itself.

Now you see why i made that comment?
Whats wrong with a 25lb concrete slab in the trunk.

Im sorry, you got me all wrong. Read my first comment, it was a bad joke. I added the spoiler thing to make sure it wasnt confused. Jeez man, lighten up.

Whats wrong with a 25lb concrete slab in the trunk.
Im sorry, you got me all wrong. Read my first comment, it was a bad joke. I added the spoiler thing to make sure it wasnt confused. Jeez man, lighten up.
Well, you can't make jokes like that to me.

You haven't met my friends. They are seriously dumb enough to try that.

Its called Dynamat. Strip your car, install that everywhere. It should help the rattle, but is rattle a bad thing? Maybe so, but it proves you having a flipping awesome system.
you are possibly the most uneduacated person on this site.

Is anyone going to actually awnser this question... i need some serious help with the same problem. New 15" Kicker L7 is rattling the SH!T out of my poor car! Second Skin, put it where, how much? i posted something on this earlier and it didn't get awnsered and figured nobody could solve it.

By some kind of deadening product. When purchasing keep in mind that the aluminum is a very large contributing factor to ridding sound and road noise so it is a plus. You can buy some kind of tool to apply it such as a roller, brayer, ect. as well as something to cut it with to match your needs on different panels such as razor, utility knife, ect. Applying the deadener to the actual inner skin of the car is best when working in the trunk, doors, hood, whatever. The rear deck should be covered pretty heavily keeping in mind that some of the bass comes through, so you shouldnt cover any large holes with the deadener. The trunk lid is a large source of the rattling in most cases so covering with more than one layer (the bad thing about this is, depending on how it engineered, your trunk lid is going to be significantly heavier than before so it wont stay open. Perhaps one day while your working on your system, it will come slamming into your head full force(speaking from experience)). But make it conform to the panels as well as possible. The trunklid, the rear most of the trunk (IMO the bass reflects off),the inner quarters, the outside of the fender tubs, and the deck lid should be focused on the most. You cant go wrong with buying a huge amount and applying it everywhere. Some of the products require heat to apply, but I personally have never used them.

This obviously isnt the textbook explaination, but it worked on my applications, I guess (I never noticed an audible difference from inside any of the vehicles, the outside does lessen however)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.