magnet out on a seald box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mile098
10+ year member

ohhh noeeeesss
i was just wondering is there any difference in sound if i reverse the sub on a sealed box?? i know i have to reverse the polarity and i know if its a vented ox that i gain on the box volume and lower the tunning but i need to know on the sealed ones..

thnx:D

You would gain a bit on box volume but not an amount that would result in a significant sound difference. I assume you are planning to do that for the sex appeal of staring at a rear end?

k i know that, but wanna make the box as small as posible cuz ill be using that sub just for kick....anyone think differently?

edit: ^^ yea sort of in addition to the previously stated reason

i was just wondering is there any difference in sound if i reverse the sub on a sealed box?? i know i have to reverse the polarity and i know if its a vented ox that i gain on the box volume and lower the tunning but i need to know on the sealed ones..
thnx:D
You actually only have to reverse the polarity on the driver if you are running two isobarically mounted. IE one mounted normally then one mounted reversed on top of it...in which case if both were playing w/ normally polarity they would fire at each other. Reverse the polarity on one and they set up like a push/pull deal. They both move the same direction, just one in and one out.

Reverse mounting pretty much gives you a minimal amount of extra air space inside the enclosure, not large enough to notice much if anything.

^^in a sealed box???dunno tried it b4 on vented plays better when i reverse it...

Yes in a sealed box.

Could be a phasing issue w/ your port and driver...yes they can be out of phase, and reversing the polarity on your sub fixed the issue.

Personally, I would rather be in phase than 180* out of phase - especially in a vehicle. Reversing the polarity of the inverted sub would be my choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.