Magna *** Laude Build

**** dude dont give up, these look sweet and will ROCK, if you are that pissed get one of the guys on here to build the crossovers for ya
Haha im not giving up. Im just pissed because if these are ****ed it was a $140.00 Mistake. it *****. im not totally giving up on the xovers but would this crossover work? it seems like it would?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-150

Is there anyway i can salvage the crossovers?
Yes. Get a desoldering bulb or quick fingers and heat up each connection and pull out each lead from its hole. Once the components are out, re-sharpie the circuit and let it etch in the solution until ALL of the copper is gone except for where the sharpie is. Then re-connect and re solder. At that point, you can then snip off the ends of each component so you don't have 1.5" of excess lead sticking out.

And no, I am firmly against soldering guns 100% for circuitry work. They are far too unwieldy for precision soldering.
In electronics, for beginners, they try to tell people to use 15w - 25w soldering irons. Over time you learn to master

soldering using higher heat, lets say 45w - 50w and the job is so much easier. A home made crossover like these with

fat traces and thick leads can be done with a 100w gun if you attack the joint quickly, but the ~50w iron is nice as it works

for all these projects well.

In electronics, for beginners, they try to tell people to use 15w - 25w soldering irons. Over time you learn to master soldering using higher heat, lets say 45w - 50w and the job is so much easier. A home made crossover like these with

fat traces and thick leads can be done with a 100w gun if you attack the joint quickly, but the ~50w iron is nice as it works

for all these projects well.
To each his own. You've done a lot more soldering than I, but I still say the possibility of roasting **** is too high with a gun. Not only that, the tips on guns are almost always too fat to make them useful for PCB work.

To each his own. You've done a lot more soldering than I, but I still say the possibility of roasting **** is too high with a gun. Not only that, the tips on guns are almost always too fat to make them useful for PCB work.
These home made crossovers with big azz traces are fine. You won't be

using the gun for normal PCB work with tiny parts and traces.

It's a dynamic situation. When you use a soldering iron and the solder

isn't melting well as you try to solder that fat lead on the fat copper trace,

then you don't have enough heat to do the job, it's just more frustration.

Don't fear going big when it applies.

The variable heat soldering irons are nice but they cost more.

Im giving up on the crossovers. I dont have the time or patience and dont really want to **** with them. If anyone can build the crossovers i have all the parts pm me a price and well go from there. if not im gonna buy the prebuilt ones of pe.com. **** CROSSOVERS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.