Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

Psst. Read my edit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. And I can garauntee you the interest did at least flop a bit, cause my interest in it was gone after all the delays. Haha.
I think the driver may have gotten too unique, and production cost ramped up to a price they couldn't profit off of to keep the drivers in production. That's the first thing that comes to my mind at least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Cost of production and profits have absolutely nothing to do with it. We have sold more Mag v4's in 7 months than we sold Mag v3's in over two years. The cost of production wasn't that high either, so that has nothing to do with it.

I know it sounds odd, but I made the decision to stop production on the driver due to reasons other than profits or sales. We are still coming out with the BM's, but the Mag v4's will no longer be produced. We have enough in storage for legitimate warranty claims plus a few extra's, but that's it.

And taking orders before the v4's got here was a mistake. We know that now and will never do that again. Shit happens with shipping companies and the delays were beyond our control. If the delays on the BM's deters you, then it deters you. I'm not satisfied with just coming out with a product because it's the "fast" way to do it even though it may not meet my expectations.

Cost of production and profits have absolutely nothing to do with it. We have sold more Mag v4's in 7 months than we sold Mag v3's in over two years. The cost of production wasn't that high either, so that has nothing to do with it.
I know it sounds odd, but I made the decision to stop production on the driver due to reasons other than profits or sales. We are still coming out with the BM's, but the Mag v4's will no longer be produced. We have enough in storage for legitimate warranty claims plus a few extra's, but that's it.
I know you are a man of your words, so I will take it as that.

Doesn't leaving such a vague reason just leave all sorts of speculations to exist? I just can't understand why you won't explain it further?

I mean, if its that you have discovered shady work now, no one would really blame you for cutting production. If the build house has changed ownership, changed suppliers, etc. All of which are good reasons to kill off the line. Hell if they insulted your family, another good reason.

Leaving it with "it wasn't about money" just is hard to swallow with no other information.

But as I said in the start of the post, I do believe you.

***** they are going before I got a chance to hear one. Want to say thanks again to Nick for hookin up the pair for the fishercustoms raffle though, damn swell thing to do for a good cause.

Doesn't leaving such a vague reason just leave all sorts of speculations to exist? I just can't understand why you won't explain it further?

I mean, if its that you have discovered shady work now, no one would really blame you for cutting production. If the build house has changed ownership, changed suppliers, etc. All of which are good reasons to kill off the line. Hell if they insulted your family, another good reason.

Leaving it with "it wasn't about money" just is hard to swallow with no other information.

I agree, but I guess we can't argue with the guy who owns the company, lol.

Well as much as I would like to sit and watch this unfold, I must go to bed. Crappy situation indeed. I hope this was for a REALLY good reason.

Because what we end up with is a really REAAAALLY delayed sub that had a very short life span (was selling super well) and is being pulled for "some" reason that isn't profit.

Which in my mind means something really really bad and were all crossing fingers that no one finds the bird flu in the paint or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i was about to post that the W7 knocked the Mag V4 out, then i read the original post
but for the record, the W7 caused this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
You really need to stop with the W7 crap! It was funny at first but now I think you're just annoying at best. (and I know i'm not the only one that feels this way) If you're just trying to get your post count up there are plenty of meaningless threads over in the thunderdome you can go fill with W7 crap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I agree, but I guess we can't argue with the guy who owns the company, lol.
"read my lips NO NEW TAXES"

Just can't argue with the one that runs the place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I mean, if its that you have discovered shady work now, no one would really blame you for cutting production. If the build house has changed ownership, changed suppliers, etc. All of which are good reasons to kill of the line. Hell if they insulted your family, another good reason.

To be honest, in the past few years the industry has gone down an alley I never thought it would have. People say they want the ultimate in sound quality, low-distortion, moderate (I say moderate on this board but would have said "high'ish" on any other board //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) power handling drivers, but when they listen to them and they can't 'hear' the sub behind them they don't like it. The ability of a subwoofer to blend with your front stage effortlessly is what a true SQ subwoofer should be able to do without breaking a sweat.

We have sold a LOT of drivers from the DIYMA forum alone and a good bit from this forum and other forums. However, when you build a driver that handles more than 500 watts, it better be able to take 1400+, and not sound like total crap and that is it. And that's all I'm going to say (even saying that was/is a stretch and I'll probably get executed for it later). Again, the reason for me pulling the plug was not sales or profit related. I know it sounds odd, but I value other things over just making products that sell the most.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.