Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

x2o
10+ year member

Fuzzy Blue Lights
Miami, FL
You read the title correctly; the Mag v4 subwoofers are being dis-continued. We have a few handful of drivers left that will be sold off as normal and after those drivers are gone, there will be no more Mag v4 subwoofers manufactured or sold.There are a multitude of reasons for us stopping production on the v4's. We are not going to comment any further on why we are ceasing production on the v4's. Maybe years down the road we will come out with a re-release if there is enough interest, but that is not concrete.

Consider yourslef lucky if you get an order in after you have received this email and the ordering part of our web page is still up.

Nick
Sorry if it's a repost.. just getting it out there. Searched and didn't find anything posted yet.

Personally, I'm kinda disappointed. This sub got so hyped up, then went into production finally for a short bit, and is getting discontinued...

And YES cravingbass, I know it's not a W7 so who cares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Just talked to Nick, he has his reasons and they make sense, I have seen the things he mentioned happening to others as well as him and I too have been frustrated by them. It is sad but I understand completely.

Originally Posted by SI Email

You read the title correctly; the Mag v4 subwoofers are being dis-continued. We have a few handful of drivers left that will be sold off as normal and after those drivers are gone, there will be no more Mag v4 subwoofers manufactured or sold.

There are a multitude of reasons for us stopping production on the v4's. We are not going to comment any further on why we are ceasing production on the v4's. Maybe years down the road we will come out with a re-release if there is enough interest, but that is not concrete.

Consider yourslef lucky if you get an order in after you have received this email and the ordering part of our web page is still up.

Nick

one reason right there

Originally Posted by SI Email You read the title correctly; the Mag v4 subwoofers are being dis-continued. We have a few handful of drivers left that will be sold off as normal and after those drivers are gone, there will be no more Mag v4 subwoofers manufactured or sold.

There are a multitude of reasons for us stopping production on the v4's. We are not going to comment any further on why we are ceasing production on the v4's. Maybe years down the road we will come out with a re-release if there is enough interest, but that is not concrete.

Nick

one reason right there
Actually they've been selling like crazy. Has sold more in the same span of the V4 than any other version.

IMO they screwed themselves with the v4
For bassheads yes, but that was never the market that was intended. For SQ people the Mag was great and was selling amazingly well. The reasons are not at all due to sales, Nick has his reasons and I have seen them all to much even with other companies.

My mags basically do work. This work can be translated to being viewed as a larger magnitude of work that any drivers that i have previously owned have been able to do on a :loud: daily driver basis. Why stop the V4????????????

/analysis:wow:

i was about to post that the W7 knocked the Mag V4 out, then i read the original post

but for the record, the W7 caused this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Just talked to Nick, he has his reasons and they make sense, I have seen the things he mentioned happening to others as well as him and I too have been frustrated by them. It is sad but I understand completely.
Im sure he has his reasons, I have my own ideas of what those reasons may be, and there's a hundred reasons that are logical for this situation. Honestly though, these drivers took such a turn rom what they were originally meant to be and everything that I'm not surprised the interest flopped as it did. Plus the multiple, multiple delays in the actual production/sale.

I'm not saying they weren't selling, but there was a lot more interest before the 5th time that shipment on new drivers got delayed, lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif.

lol i was about to post that the W7 knocked the Mag V4 out, then i read the original post
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif saw you coming bro lmao

Im sure he has his reasons, I have my own ideas of what those reasons may be, and there's a hundred reasons that are logical for this situation. Honestly though, these drivers took such a turn rom what they were originally meant to be and everything that I'm not surprised the interest flopped as it did. Plus the multiple, multiple delays in the actual production/sale.
The interest never flopped, ever. On here yes, because the SQ people are few and far between. On DIYMA it was selling like crazy, he sold more Mag v4s on DIYMA than he has sold Mag V1-3 on CA.com ever. Sales had no part in this, other factors did.

The interest never flopped, ever. On here yes, because the SQ people are few and far between. On DIYMA it was selling like crazy, he sold more Mag v4s on DIYMA than he has sold Mag V1-3 on CA.com ever. Sales had no part in this, other factors did.
Psst. Read my edit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. And I can garauntee you the interest did at least flop a bit, cause my interest in it was gone after all the delays. Haha.

I think the driver may have gotten too unique, and production cost ramped up to a price they couldn't profit off of to keep the drivers in production. That's the first thing that comes to my mind at least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.