MA Audio Kore

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoominFC

i have some questions about these new Kore subs from MA Audio...i know they are specifically designed for db drags and short bursts of SPL, but:

1.) what would happen if they were listened to for extended periods of time?

2.) what size ported box do you guys think for the 12"? like 8ft^3?

3.) how many optimas/alternators would one need to run one of these 5,000w RMS subs w/ the 4,000w RMS amp?

yes, i know they are expensive, and yes i know they arent even practical for anything but loud dirty bursts of bass....but...if i was only going to use them for competiting in SPL...does anyone suggest them?

-Tommy

personally i dont like MA audio ive bad things about them, like cracking cone and surround coming unglued. if you want a spl sub go for audiobahn flame Q's or the mtx rfl's. the mtx rfl's cannot be used for playing music spl only.

usa is right in that the mtx rfl would be a good strictly SPL sub with like %5 SQ in them. anyway what i would do is say screw those subs b/c they can't handle 4000watts rms for more than a 2second burp. i have listened to them and seen them literally rip apart with 3000watts rms going to a single 15" in a buddy of mine's car. he got them for free b/c of sponsorship from MA but they didn't work well. look into:

1) Shocker anything especially the Shocker 3 or Extreme 2

2) DD 9500 series subs are mean and great just dick of a company

3) Kove Armageddon

4) Memphhis LVS

5) MTF RFL

6) RE has a new all out SPL sub coming out

there are many more those are just a list of 6 that i would look into off the top of my head.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.