Ma Audio HK4000D electrical upgrades: What do I need?

I hope, but what if I pass on the extra alt and go with the missing link instead? I'd still do 1 run of each pos & neg, and 2-3 deep cycles, but would it be more benificial for keeping my volts up to either go with the module or the extra 120a alt?

I'm just kidding:). Thanks for all your honesty. So you think the MLA will be better than the extra alt for daily? Is that what I'm hearing?
No this is not what I am saying.The MLA just allows you to set the factory charging voltage to what you like i.e. 14.7 15.2 whatever not change the current output.Some vehicles have there voltage regulated at 13.8 so its benifical to up it to14.7 or maybe 15v.From what I understand though is ML sets the voltage you chose and programs it into the modual.And is cheaper then a HO alt.

Now when you say extra are you meaning in addition to the one you have?Are do you just mean switching stock alt for HO alt?

No this is not what I am saying.The MLA just allows you to set the factory charging voltage to what you like i.e. 14.7 15.2 whatever not change the current output.Some vehicles have there voltage regulated at 13.8 so its benifical to up it to14.7 or maybe 15v.From what I understand though is ML sets the voltage you chose and programs it into the modual.And is cheaper then a HO alt.Now when you say extra are you meaning in addition to the one you have?Are do you just mean switching stock alt for HO alt?
I was going to add another 120 or 140amp alt IN ADDITION to my factory one. There's a spot on my engine where I may be able to rig one without too much modification. Would this be better than the MLA, or would I break even or ba the same with the MLA. I need thecheapest route, but over time I'll get the other when money allows

I was going to add another 120 or 140amp alt IN ADDITION to my factory one. There's a spot on my engine where I may be able to rig one without too much modification. Would this be better than the MLA, or would I break even or ba the same with the MLA. I need thecheapest route, but over time I'll get the other when money allows
I would do the alt then add the MLA when you could afford to. Email MLA they are pretty helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.