Ma Audio HK4000D electrical upgrades: What do I need?

What ohm load are you running it at. Did you do a search on here about the amp. Plenty of threads talking about what is need to run these. My suggestion is to get alot of batteries more the better to run the amp with no problems.
edit seen in your sig other amp is at 1 ohm. make the point again lots of batteries.
wtf are batts gonna do if he doesnt have a decent enuf alt to charge them?!?!

like i said earlier, ur gonna need a alt if ur gonna push 4000wrms

I only run mine for comps, between .5-2 ohms. I was told by the guy I bought mine from that with a pair of big batteries, like Kinetik 2400's, a HO alt and plenty of 0/1 ga wire I should be ok to keep it pounding. Getting too low on the voltage will be an issue if your not careful. I have a couple locals that use the same amp daily and have lost a couple of them to flames, they actually caught fire because of the voltage drops. I'd definitely make sure you have a couple of really good batteries, at least 2 of them.

I only run mine for comps, between .5-2 ohms. I was told by the guy I bought mine from that with a pair of big batteries, like Kinetik 2400's, a HO alt and plenty of 0/1 ga wire I should be ok to keep it pounding. Getting too low on the voltage will be an issue if your not careful. I have a couple locals that use the same amp daily and have lost a couple of them to flames, they actually caught fire because of the voltage drops. I'd definitely make sure you have a couple of really good batteries, at least 2 of them.
Like I said earlier I'm going to have 2 maybe 3 deep cycles in the back in addition to my front batt. I may not get a HO alt, but I will get another factory 110amp to go along with my current one, and dedicate it just for this amp and its batts. Would the 110amps from the single alt be enough for that? I was thinking that since most people get 200amp alts and run the whole car and system off of it, that it would be the same if not better to just dedicate an alt to the 1 amp and 3 batts. I have a place on my engine where an alt may just bolt to.

All you need is 2-3 batteries!I ran 2 of these for more then a year @1ohm daily and had NO problems.You don't need an alternator for 3 batteries 120A alt will provide enough current to feed 2-3 batteries.

Just keep the voltage above 12v and you will have no problems.

With the modded amp you can run it as low as .5ohms for burps and 1ohm daily.

Anything beyond this will be benifical but is not needed to run this amp.

An MLA modual allows you to change your factory voltage output to whatever you choose(not higher then 15v is recommended)without changing your factory alt to a HO alt.Now this voltage is set and cannot be moved like an external regulator but it is a nice thing.

All you need is 2-3 batteries!I ran 2 of these for more then a year @1ohm daily and had NO problems.You don't need an alternator for 3 batteries 120A alt will provide enough current to feed 2-3 batteries.Just keep the voltage above 12v and you will have no problems.

With the modded amp you can run it as low as .5ohms for burps and 1ohm daily.

Anything beyond this will be benifical but is not needed to run this amp.

An MLA modual allows you to change your factory voltage output to whatever you choose(not higher then 15v is recommended)without changing your factory alt to a HO alt.Now this voltage is set and cannot be moved like an external regulator but it is a nice thing.
Trying to make the sale, huh? Where do I get one of these moduals from? Could I just put an external regulator on the factory alt and get the same effect?

Because. I have run these amps of a 100amp to 150amp stock alt with only having a couple of batteries. So calm down hold your pants up.

Yeah, it'll be at 1ohm daily. I was gonna get 3 deep cycles in the back w/2 runs of 1/0. My amp is stock, but I may run another stock alt in the front and dedicate it to just this amp, while running the mids/high amp off my regular alt.

How much more current would it pull at 1 rather than 2ohms?
Thats a very good idea. I think you are going to be okay already without asking for any help. I have used this amp of stock Alts all the time. A few .7 burps too with just two batts. Wouldnt do it daily. But you just have to know your amp.

You will see more of an amp draw at 1ohm then at 2 ohms.

Trying to make the sale, huh? Where do I get one of these moduals from? Could I just put an external regulator on the factory alt and get the same effect?
No just repeating everything I've been telling you.If you wanna spend more money and buy and alt and all this other stuff be my guest.I am just telling you what you need to get it going.The decision is up to you.

As for the modual you need to contact Missing Link Audio.And the external regulator may or may not working on your factory alt depending on the vehicle.

Thats a very good idea. I think you are going to be okay already without asking for any help. I have used this amp of stock Alts all the time. A few .7 burps too with just two batts. Wouldnt do it daily. But you just have to know your amp.
You will see more of an amp draw at 1ohm then at 2 ohms.
I hope, but what if I pass on the extra alt and go with the missing link instead? I'd still do 1 run of each pos & neg, and 2-3 deep cycles, but would it be more benificial for keeping my volts up to either go with the module or the extra 120a alt?

No just repeating everything I've been telling you.If you wanna spend more money and buy and alt and all this other stuff be my guest.I am just telling you what you need to get it going.The decision is up to you.
As for the modual you need to contact Missing Link Audio.And the external regulator may or may not working on your factory alt depending on the vehicle.
I'm just kidding:). Thanks for all your honesty. So you think the MLA will be better than the extra alt for daily? Is that what I'm hearing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.