Ma Audio HK4000D electrical upgrades: What do I need?

1ndatrunk
10+ year member

Can I live?
Close
I'm thinking of buying a modded HK4000d and using it to run my CSX 18 daily @1ohm. I've heard these amps are current hogs, and if not babied will go out in a blazing glory. What exactly would I need to run one if these daily? I'm trying to keep my stock 120amp alt for now, since I'm poor:(.

I had planned on running 2 big Marine deep cycles under the hood, the big 3 is done already, and I have 1 run of 1/0 straight to my sub amp. My high amp has its own 4gauge wire coming from the batt. Would this be enough to keep me at a safe level with the car on for daily? I don't care about comps, just daily beating. Thanks

These things make a ton of power. They are rated for 2 ohms but if the protection circuits have been removed they will play 1 ohm all day long. You don't want your voltage to drop below 12 volts. The amp has a digital voltage and temp gauge, but I would get a volt meter mounted within eyesight and everytime the voltage would drop below 12 volts I would get off of the volume. Another thing you may want to consider is getting a missing link module for your factory alternator. Not sure if Chris makes one for a caddy, but goggle missing link audio and go to his website and you can email him.

Yeah, it'll be run at 1ohm daily. The engine is actually out of an '88 camaro/caprice, so any 350 parts for that year car will work. What is a missing link?

Ok, 2 deeps in the front and 1 in the trunk maybe? I'm trying to "see" about 2500 rms daily out of this amp, and stay at least around 12volts.

What ohm load are you running it at. Did you do a search on here about the amp. Plenty of threads talking about what is need to run these. My suggestion is to get alot of batteries more the better to run the amp with no problems.

edit seen in your sig other amp is at 1 ohm. make the point again lots of batteries.

What ohm load are you running it at. Did you do a search on here about the amp. Plenty of threads talking about what is need to run these. My suggestion is to get alot of batteries more the better to run the amp with no problems.
edit seen in your sig other amp is at 1 ohm. make the point again lots of batteries.
Yeah, it'll be at 1ohm daily. I was gonna get 3 deep cycles in the back w/2 runs of 1/0. My amp is stock, but I may run another stock alt in the front and dedicate it to just this amp, while running the mids/high amp off my regular alt.

I ran one of these for a while at 2 ohms with 2 NSB 90s and it never really dropped more than .4 with a 225 amp alt.
How much more current would it pull at 1 rather than 2ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.