Ma audio HK1398

Participant count
  • Participant list
that amp is rated for 2ohm mono. but you can run it 4ohm mono and get little over 1k rms still. if ur electrial is good it will run @ 1ohm mono...

* 2 X 400W RMS @ 4-ohm Stereo

* 2 X 600W RMS @ 2-ohm Stereo

* 1 X 1600W RMS @ 2-ohm Mono

* Thermal, Short & Overload Protection Circuitry

* Platinum Plated Screw Type RCA Jacks

* Double Sided Black Epoxy PCB Board

* Variable High Pass & Low Pass Filters

* Platinum Plated Block Terminals

* Fully Regulated Power Supply

* Stainless Steel Finish Heat sink

* 0-18dB Variable Bass Boost

* Quiet Fan Cooling System

* Full Mosfet Circuitry

* 2 Ohm Stereo Stable

* THD:

* Signal to Noise: >90dB

According to onlinecarstereo

Can't I just run my subs @ 2 ohms stereo and get 600 watts to each? They are Dual 4's.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to say I had a Pair of dual 4's

Hmm, I guess I don't understand this then, If I hook the two subwoofers and wire them down to 2 ohms each, I can run each sub at 2 ohms, and it will send them 600 watts? At 4 ohms Mono what will it equate to then?

substance i have owned that amp since may '05 and i used it to run two 12" ma audio XL's. i mainly listen to rock and metal, sometimes techno, rarely rap or anything else. thats a fairly good combination but as i posted in a recent thread, on certain hard hits the amp goes into protect mode even if its not hot. sometimes the first song i play all day causes this and some on here think my voltage is dropping too much. ive been deployed overseas for 8 months and i while i still have the same subs and amp, i have a newer vehicle and i have not yet installed these. i had a 97 nissan pickup so its likely the electrical system wasnt as good as it should have been. i was also running a pioneer 400w rms amp for my components. ive now got an 05 hyundai santa fe so in 2 weeks we'll see if i still have the same problems.

something im slightly confused about...if you've got two subs each with 4 ohm DVC and each is wired parallel making a 2 ohm load per, if you bridge them does it halve or double the load. should halve it right? and it doubles if the subs are series? you tend to forget these little details after a while...

assuming im correct, you could run the subs at 4 ohm mono. if i get confirmation of this i think ill try wiring them up like that. the thing might not cut off on me then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.