LTO Battery keeps dying? HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
So I have a LTO battery (28ah) running my vehicle. Just last week I deleted the front AGM battery & added 2 fans to the back.
Initially, my voltage seemed to be more stable without the AGM and everything was fine. There did end up being a “stutter” when I would start the car when I first got it back that was never there before the battery delete but I didn’t think too much of it.
So, yesterday I went out straight after work and came back to the car, switched the key in to the first click and rolled down the windows. Then tried to start the car and then it just died and wouldn’t start. I jumped it and got it working and it was fine the rest of the night. This morning I tried to get go somewhere and again, it “died”. Jumped it, and was fine. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Would appreciate some insight guys.

I notice after yesterday it idles to 13.8-9 sometimes. Usually it’ll stay at 14…

You could have a bad cell in your bank, or just one bad part in it. Maybe your alt needs your battery and isn't quite strong enough to charge your bank alone, without the aid of the battery.

It seems to me that really maybe you need to check your bank for bad cells. You could have a dead cell just draining everything.

I would take the bank out of the car and see if it drops to zero by itself or drops unusually low in voltage.

And you could have an electrical leak that your battery was buffering, I had that on my explorer and I never was able to find it. I think it had to do with factory wiring, in my case.

You could have a bad cell in your bank, or just one bad part in it. Maybe your alt needs your battery and isn't quite strong enough to charge your bank alone, without the aid of the battery.

It seems to me that really maybe you need to check your bank for bad cells. You could have a dead cell just draining everything.

I would take the bank out of the car and see if it drops to zero by itself or drops unusually low in voltage.
Yeah, I let the guy know and he also said it could be a bad cell. Im running a Singer 320A Alt. The system was doing fine up until earlier this week. Not sure what could’ve caused this problem.

I would do this.

Also 28AH seems pretty small. What's the C ratings on those cells?
Not sure. Gonna get in contact with him about it. The battery was doing my system just fine up until earlier this week. And pretty much all the guys with big systems in Hawaii are running this guys Lithium banks.

I guessing this is 3.5ah Kokam pouches. I remember alot of talk about them in 2018 and having a really high C rating.

Would definitely have him pull the bank apart.

Toshiba makes a high C rating 2.8AH cell.

I would say try to just disconnect it for a day and see how much the voltage drops before disassembling the bank.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...