LP/full/HP switch is dieing.... Answers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So my 3-4ch filter switch on my amp i believe is gone bad. The speaker dosnt play when connect, but if you toggle the switch threw the modes it glitches in and out and will play if pressure is applied at angles and what not. Its a Memphis pr4400 for reference, so can i just go to radio shack and get a 3part switch about that size? Or do i need a specific layout inside the switch, meaning specific switch. Thanks

anything can be fixed bro. get something about the same size, grab some solder, and if it fits and is hooked up properly, it should work
Ok, im a biomed student so ive built power supplys and stuff. I just wasnt sure if it was a regular switch or not

Most likely the switch is fine but the solder connecting it to the board is bad.

I would repair the existing switch first.

This has been what I have found many times already. YMMV

Most likely the switch is fine but the solder connecting it to the board is bad.I would repair the existing switch first.

This has been what I have found many times already. YMMV
Thanks for the info, ill be sure to check the connection there before i start removing anything

All the switches i see on radio shacks website are only 2 place sliders. Open and closed, where do i find a 3part slide... Hoping the store will have it if the connections good

Yes there is a difference, you cannot use a 2 way switch, you will need a 3 way.

Bro you are getting the cart in front of the horse, 99% likely that the solder joint is bad.

Just open it up and look

I am typing this on an High End HP Laptop that I bought for $100, I bought it broken, it wouldn't charge any more. Want to know what the problem was? Bad solder on the DC jack.

So before you wear yourself and us out trying to find a replacement part, how about opening it up and looking at the solder joint on the board, cause most likely it will be bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.