low frequency bass(25hz) vs high frequency bass(60hz)

Hey guys,ive always been wondering what frequencies is the most powerful and travel the furthest....need this info to know at which frequency to tune to in the future....I listen to rap most of the time....and like deep bass...I would appreciate it if you could inform me on it.....I'm new to this game...but I'm already inlove with it lol

theres alot of people that know more about it but lows destroy **** shake alot windows roof fenders trunk sound hollow an move alot of air higher tuning to me is more aimed at the ear and spl i had a boxed tuned to 29hz i liked it but i like the one i have now more at 35hz

umm no they won't hear the lows the best. Higher frequencies, will always be perceived by the ear as louder. It's the way our ears work. subsonic frequencies are felt, not heard. Hence the term subsonic aka below the hearing threshold.

Lol I need the 5% beer.......btw is it true tht the bigger the box the more lower the sub will play?(ofcos in its freq range).....and what will happen if the box is too big?.....personally I've seen n heard tht bigger sealed boxes are capable of going lower, and smaller boxes play higher freq loud and better but ***** on the lows.....and I've seen tht box size affects the sensitivity of the amp at certain frequencies....

The lower frequency waves will be felt a lot more and especially with the type of music you listen to, you should tune to 30-35Hz. See what makes sense with your driver and space limitations when you model it. Keep in mind that with a ported box, the speaker will bottom out below the tuned frequency. So even though a lot of the rap bass is in the 40-50Hz range, there are still plenty of notes in the 30-40Hz range (listen to E-40 and there is tons of bass in that lower range). You still want to be able to reproduce that lower bass without damaging your woofers so that's why you typically want to tune on the low side (plus that low bass just sounds and feels really cool). Cross your woofers over at 80Hz so they should play from the tuned frequency up to 80Hz. If your amp has a subsonic filter, then you want to set that to kick in at the tuned frequency so you do not damage your woofers with bass below the tuned frequency. If your box is built right and it's not loud enough, then add more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A larger sealed box will have a lower resonant frequency than a smaller sealed box, so it should play the lows better. A ported box should give you more output than sealed throughout most the sub frequency range, however it will drop off much more drastically under tuning. The term "low" is also relative, what you think is low, and what I think is low may be quite different.

Larger box will be louder and extend lower. IMO if you're not listening to slowed music or watching movies there's little need to tune below 37hz. The notes that really get loud in a car and travel are generally between 45-55hz.

... 'most of the sub frequency range' is also relative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

A ported enclosure will be louder over a limited range. The further the frequency above port tuning - the more the enclosure is performing like a sealed box.

The term "low" is also relative, what you think is low, and what I think is low may be quite different.

"low" to me is below 20hz. but then again i was a HT guy before i was a CA guy. nothing like getting the cops called because your neighbors think ACTUAL machine-guns and Bombs are going off in your house.

Matt

... 'most of the sub frequency range' is also relative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gifA ported enclosure will be louder over a limited range. The further the frequency above port tuning - the more the enclosure is performing like a sealed box.
Touche. The drop off just isn't near as drastic as it is below tuning, or it shouldn't be.

I thought the lower you tuned the port, like below 30hz, the more it basically becomes a sealed box and therefore defeating the purpose of porting to begin with?

Then I've read before that most music doesn't even go down that low anyway, like country, rock, most pop songs won't drop below 40hz unless their like specifically bass tracks or club type music? If that is true, then wouldn't much of your music not be as efficient in the lows if it's tuned to 32hz as apposed to 40hz?

Then again I have this RTA app which shows 32hz region going crazy just sitting here quietly with the windows open reaching 78 to 90db's. lol heck if I know.

Yelawolf's "Pop the Trunk" and Young Jeezy's "RIP" have the best sounding bass in my car. I know Pop the Trunk is 37hz, and my box is tuned to 33hz. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "Faded" by Tyga is 27hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.