Low Cost Audio Brands Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
I should now this question but I wanted to run it by the forum.

So i know this guy that is looking for a low cost car audio equipment. He don't have a lot of money. He has helped me out before on odds and ends and he said his car radio don't work. So traveling to work is dead air for him. No sound. He is one of those people that will help anyone out who needs help. Everyone knows someone like that. Just a nice person and has had some tough financial times and so on. So recently he heard my sound system and liked it. But i know he can not afford what i have. So he asked me recently if i knew of some low cost car audio equipment he could install. Well i have some older amps and an older Clarion HU. I was thinking of just giving them to him. Got to help some one like that.

But my main question is, what Car Audio brands would you look at if you were in my position. Right now it is not about, oh what type of vehicle or what he is going to use it for or what is his budget so on. I know all about spending a little more $ on decent equipment and all that, I know how some of you can be. Rather have no sound then a Boss Audio or Power Acoustics. I get it. But this is not that. It is about low cost in general.

Would you look at Brands like Boss Audio or Power Acoustic or PowerBass some other low cost brands that may just be better. I been spending little time on ebay today and on internet looking randomly. I thought 6.5 speakers are a common size. I found a JVC 6.5 components on ebay $49 Kenwood 6.5 components $57 Pioneer 6.5 components $50 Even saw a pair of Alpine and JBL 6.5 components for $40. I'm not sure of the vehicle it is. I will try to help him and i will be speaking to him again later in the week and get more details. Have to fly out on business trip this week again. So give me your opinions

Thanks

Last edited:
With low budget gear, it's not so much the brand that matters but rather the actual product design itself.

Some brands have hit and miss products across the board.

Look at Blaupunkt for example....the cheap subs people have been scoring from Walmart are an incredible value but the amps aren't worth a **** and the dyno vids back that up.

If you use low budget equipment it's important to have a realistic expectation of what you are getting and its limits. You get what you pay for.

I had a gift card to Rockville Audio, which, according to this site (and thread: https://www.caraudio.com/threads/what-subwoofer-should-i-buy.600075/#post-8657318) Rockville is "total garbage." Well, I ended up buying a subwoofer amp there (https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxd-m1/ ) and a Kicker Sub, kicker compvr 12 2 ohm. It's been over a year, and that amp is still kicking ass. You'd normally pay 2 or 3 times that much for the same specs, but in the end I said f*** the haters, and went for it. Perfectly happy.

I can't speak for their speaker line, but they have some of the cheapest but potentially high quality (for price) products out there. Think it may be one of those hit or miss thingies. I got a hit.

American Bass mostly deals with more budget focused products. I've heard and known multiple people who have used there products and it wasn't bad at all.

It was much much better than the cheap flea market brands like planet audio, pyle, boss, lanzar......ect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.