low car how do you...

SPL140.2
5,000+ posts

Team DefJ
NY
i got a low, low project im working on, i can fit a scissor jack under it barely how do you fellas get any work done to it?? I took it to 5 shops and they couldnt put it on the lift because of the body kit and its slammed to the ground. It has coil overs, do you always have to raise it to get work done on it, i need front end work and itll be easier for me to send it to the shop than doing it myself. Any help would be great.

They make ultra slim (low) miniramps that you can drive up on to get a jack under it.

Or, do what the Japs have been doing for years... take the bumpers off to stick a jack under it. Quick-release clips, anyone?!?

try driving onto a phone book. i always have to angle in my jack by turning the front wheels and sliding the jack crooked underneath the wheel well and sideskirt in the front.

I have a few 2x10s that are cut and screwed together to create a low profile ramp to drive up on.

I always take my front bumper off to take it for alignments or other shop work where it needs to be put on a lift. Makes it easier and doesnt mess up your alignment everytime you adjust your coilovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.