Lovin' this 4th order

[quote name='JLJunkieMX107']@shredder2 back in the day I had an Isuzu Rodeo (same thing as yours). I picked up a 300A alt from iraggi for a killer price. Not sure what Dom's reputation is these days but that alt performed well. I am assuming that yours has the 3.2 engine (I can't remember if there was any other option).

Also, those **** vortecs and the oil lines are such a PITA. I had a blazer that would never stop leaking at the lines, replaced everything, started leaking again within a month. Did you get rid of yours after the motor blew? Those vortecs are about a dime a dozen, not too hard to swap out either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... its gone... sad too, I watched a ton of labor deadening just get flatbedded away.
Now I gotta start over... oh well, I'm sure I learned a few things since then and it'll turn out ok.

Yes sir... the 3.2L... Isuzu engine... even says Isuzu on the keys... lol

I'm down, i have a jig for metering meca style or you could stick it on the windshield db drag style. I like seeing how different vehicles react to different setups and meter locations.
Sounds good. I've got a 6th order being designed for my HDS3's, should be built by next weekend, will be interested to see what it hits. I still need to see what these blaupunkt 8's are hitting too lol. Sorry to thread jack you shredder!

[quote name='THATpurpleKUSH']I'm more of a consultant rather than a designer lol. Winisd wont give you any useful information below the point where cabin gain kicks in which is generally below 50hz, which is about 80-90% of the response curve. What I'm able to do is use Bass Box pro to plot various designs like winisd but with far greater accuracy. I can get you volumes, tuning and port area as well as all of the necessary curves and plots which i can export to a pdf and email, but I don't have a clue when it comes to using sketchup, hence I am reluctant to call myself a full blown designer. I really need to learn sketchup but thats not a super high priority for me at this time. I do have an spl lab meter if you ever wanted to do some testing, we don't live too far away from each other.

@shredder2 did you ever play around with the low end response to get a feel for the limitations? I'm curious how low it plays with authority. When you still had the Blazer did you try different port firing orientations or loading distances?[/QUOTE]

Hell if I just had volumes and port size I can work from there. I’d pay you for your trouble of course. Going to be a while before I get those 8 Blaus into something but I thought about building something to toss into the back of my truck to hit a show or two. Kinda ***** I have a Silverado double cab which is tight on space as it is but I absolutely have to keep the back seats because the kids are in there daily. I’d love to throw something together and compete again and it would be awesome if I could find my note before hitting a show. Do you plan on hitting the show in Tipton,MI on August 18th ?

Hell if I just had volumes and port size I can work from there. I’d pay you for your trouble of course. Going to be a while before I get those 8 Blaus into something but I thought about building something to toss into the back of my truck to hit a show or two. Kinda ***** I have a Silverado double cab which is tight on space as it is but I absolutely have to keep the back seats because the kids are in there daily. I’d love to throw something together and compete again and it would be awesome if I could find my note before hitting a show. Do you plan on hitting the show in Tipton,MI on August 18th ?
I'll play around with volume and tuning and let you know what I come up with, no need to pay me. Do you want it peaky for spl or musical? I had no idea there was a show but I should be able to go. PM me details.

Phoenix this time of year is a drag... now I'm workin' 3rd's and only get 2-3hrs max in the am to do anything to the new ride before it's unbearable outside. Heatwave atm... 115 yesterday, more of the same today. Finally got some of the system installed enough to hear it again in the new vehicle.

Levels are not set yet, nothing dampened or even eq'd at all... just a 100hz x-over hp and 70hz LP set atm... D*mn... I forgot how this thing sounded ever since the Blazer bit the dust.

Pretty soon I'll try to make it to a meet just to see where it meters...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.