Loudest no-wall suv's?

Yeah I'm still running the HD8000 per sub, so call it 6k per sub actual power

I'm still waiting for you to blow up your N3's so I can buy them. That's at the top of my list but can't find them to save my life

Haha, my amps are supposed to get to Taylor on Monday, then he ships the 20.2.

I may just pop the N3's so I have an excuse to get some new Z's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I really need to decide on which 4" coil subs to go with that will be worth spending the money on. The last thing I want to do is spend $2k on a pair of subs just to gain 1db
Why on Earth would you think that going to 4" coil would gain?

When I was playing around with the shops first 9912 I swapped out my 9512 and gained a db on the same power. It was fresh out of the box and severally underpowered. Also the 95s where wired at .7 the 99s at 1ohm

If you had more power on tap than a 3" coil could take, then you would gain if you could send more power to your subs.

Otherwise, yes. 4" coil subs are just going to have a heavier moving mass and would likely yield a lower score if everything else was equal.

When I was playing around with the shops first 9912 I swapped out my 9512 and gained a db on the same power. It was fresh out of the box and severally underpowered. Also the 95s where wired at .7 the 99s at 1ohm
That's interesting

If you had more power on tap than a 3" coil could take, then you would gain if you could send more power to your subs.
Otherwise, yes. 4" coil subs are just going to have a heavier moving mass and would likely yield a lower score if everything else was equal.

That's interesting
The 99s had a lot more motor. And you know they use light soft parts. Lighter than most anyway.

You're already doing a 155 on music? That's pretty impressive already. I agree with hispl. Unless you plan on doubling the power with a 4-5" coil sub. At your level it's trial and error now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.