Loudest no-wall suv's?

Unless your mids/highs will keep up, it would probably be a waste as far as SQ goes
They have plenty of output on hold right now. Problem is when output increases imaging decreases. Imaging is more important to me than output.

I just want a Z. A brand new built for me Z

They have plenty of output on hold right now. Problem is when output increases imaging decreases. Imaging is more important to me than output.
I just want a Z. A brand new built for me Z
No idea what imaging is, and don't care much. SPL FTW haha

Same, but I want two..

You're already doing a 155 on music? That's pretty impressive already. I agree with hispl. Unless you plan on doubling the power with a 4-5" coil sub. At your level it's trial and error now
Yeah 155 on music and 55.4 burp, both sealed on dash. That's with 2 18" Sundown Zv3's and 2 Taramps HD8000's. I have zero deadener in the truck so that's at the top of the to-do list and also building different boxes to test with to get my burp score up. Right now it's a center aero port. I need to shorten the port to the trucks peak and test. Also want to build a slot port box and see what that gets me

I know someone who did a 157.x with 2 18" N3's on around 16k clamped in the same truck so I know there's definitely room to gain with more motorforce

Deadening doesn't always yield gains. Some people actually get panel gains.

I'd get more power if your subs aren't already maxed out and you're serious about gains.

You can see my score climb to 54.4 pretty quick as I roll into it but if you watch the real time score, you can see where I accidentally stop revving the truck and the score drops like 3db

Deadening doesn't always yield gains. Some people actually get panel gains.
I'd get more power if your subs aren't already maxed out and you're serious about gains.
In this particular truck with no-wall setups, I've never seen anyone not gain from deadening the roof and hatch. The guy who did a 157.x with the N3's gained exactly 1db by deadening his roof and hatch with just a single layer

I can't tell if that's a serious question
Because the loudest most efficient woofers available today are NOT 4" coil, but suit yourself.

Man up to a 3" neo motor (Shocker, DD, N3, Warden) and you MIGHT gain 1dB and change assuming everything else is equal as far as what impedance your amps are seeing and if they like to peak at your car's frequency and if they like the amount of space you can give them.

Throwing new subs at it will be an expensive proposition, though pretty much any gain from 55 will be expensive. FWIW I'd think deadening would be the cheapest gain provided you've already done your testing with seat position, visor, glovebox, etc (which is free gains).

If you really want to just audition different subs you need to make some friends who have some equipment you can test. Otherwise, buying retail then selling is pretty brutal, and waiting for top tier 18's to come up in the right impedance is going to be a long game.

Because the loudest most efficient woofers available today are NOT 4" coil, but suit yourself.
Man up to a 3" neo motor (Shocker, DD, N3, Warden) and you MIGHT gain 1dB and change assuming everything else is equal as far as what impedance your amps are seeing and if they like to peak at your car's frequency and if they like the amount of space you can give them.

Throwing new subs at it will be an expensive proposition, though pretty much any gain from 55 will be expensive. FWIW I'd think deadening would be the cheapest gain provided you've already done your testing with seat position, visor, glovebox, etc (which is free gains).

If you really want to just audition different subs you need to make some friends who have some equipment you can test. Otherwise, buying retail then selling is pretty brutal, and waiting for top tier 18's to come up in the right impedance is going to be a long game.
I was going to sell him my N3 motors eventually

Thank you for the helpful response. Neo motors are at the top of the list, N3 and Warden, then possibly 4" coil motors. I really like the fact that my Zv3's shine in 4 cubes each but I know that'll pretty much never happen again with a neo sub

I was going to sell him my N3 motors eventually
PM me a price on caco for the motors and baskets

I know in iasca, in an ext cab, you have to stay under 20" out from back wall, and under 24" of height for enclosure ....and under the window line .... to compete in several of the no wall classes ....

Thank you for the helpful response. Neo motors are at the top of the list, N3 and Warden, then possibly 4" coil motors. I really like the fact that my Zv3's shine in 4 cubes each but I know that'll pretty much never happen again with a neo sub

PM me a price on caco for the motors and baskets
Have you modeled those Z's? There's good odds that they'll keep gaining if you can make that box bigger assuming you're not hitting mechanical limits.

Not like 4" coil is "new". The TC 4hp has been around for 15 years now and while that platform is capable (TRF, T3 TSNS, etc) what's been setting world records in the SPL lanes is 3" coil woofers. Notice DD hasn't yet put a 4" coil into their Z? You don't think they've prototyped this?

Zv3 is a super platform for getting loud in a small box. You'll be hard pressed to find a better performer if that's all the space you have. If you have a meter, time, and wood/tools, I'd suggest that testing and tweaking boxes is the other next best thing you can do to gain. I still maintain that throwing 1000$+ subs at your current box and hoping you'll gain with be an expensive and disappointing venture.

Have you modeled those Z's? There's good odds that they'll keep gaining if you can make that box bigger assuming you're not hitting mechanical limits.
Not like 4" coil is "new". The TC 4hp has been around for 15 years now and while that platform is capable (TRF, T3 TSNS, etc) what's been setting world records in the SPL lanes is 3" coil woofers. Notice DD hasn't yet put a 4" coil into their Z? You don't think they've prototyped this?

Zv3 is a super platform for getting loud in a small box. You'll be hard pressed to find a better performer if that's all the space you have. If you have a meter, time, and wood/tools, I'd suggest that testing and tweaking boxes is the other next best thing you can do to gain. I still maintain that throwing 1000$+ subs at your current box and hoping you'll gain with be an expensive and disappointing venture.

There are a few 4in Z motors out there. So yes they have done it and they are loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.