Louder front stage

s3th
10+ year member

Georgia
Right now I have the Type-R components for my front stage just running off my H/U. I was wondering about just getting rid of those and buying Audioque Pro Audio 6.5's and Super Tweeters ( QP-TH25'S and QP-MR6.5'S) . Anyone had these and know if they are as loud as they make them out too be. Plus for the price, It wouldn't break the bank at all. The only thing I don't like are the 6.5's of theirs are ugly as shiz but they will be behind a grill anyway.

I just want to keep the audioque theme going mainly.

Keep what you got and throw an amp on them. Even something that puts out 30 wrms a channel will be twice the power your hu is putting out. That's what I would do.

yep, an amp is the only way you will get the volume you are looking for. consider a HU gives you about 5W RMS of listenable power from an amplifier the size of a credit card.

the Type-R comps are fine, and need good power to sound good.

get a 4 channel amp, something 50Wx4.

bridge the amp to the front two speakers.

enjoy loudness.

x3 amp comp set first, if still not happy consider the AQ stuff as it gets very loud and sounds good. I've done a few installs with the AQ mids/tweets...

So if the specs are

Peak: 660 watts per set / 330 watts each side

RMS: 220 watts per set / 110 watts each side

4 Ohm Impedance

I can't go below 4 ohms on an amp right? How much power is enough 100 for each speaker? so 100 for each 6.5 and 100 for each tweeter? I have never wired speakers before only subs.

Just some more clarification, any 4 or two channel amplifier will buy will be atleast 4 ohm stable. So u dont have to worry about the stability of any amp at 4 ohms, just make sure you look at the 4 ohm continuous power or RMS per channel. Like mlstrass said x2 on the power range of 85-125w RMS power range. But if you go a little bit over thats ok too. Just be carefl when setting your gains. Oh and when they say each side, they mean mid driver and tweeter together. But of course you wire the power from the amplifier to the in side of your crossover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.