LOUD Highs..... more speakers OR just better speakers?

not looking to buy used equip/ its either new cheap horns IF THEY SOUND good and get loud, or I go with regular components

Horns sound cool though, I loved that I thgouth they were a cheap route a first to, cause school munches my money

cheap spender = cheap horns, especially if you wont buy new

you want to put pa hrns in your car, be my guest, but the sound wuality wont be there

output, sure, but Id never say quality

You don't have enough money for a loud set of components (Z6's, Polk, Rainbows, etc.), so I think the only way you can achieve loud for cheap would be running a set of diy speakers active. Maybe some Daytons or something along those lines. Check parts express and madisound. You will need an external crossover and maybe some equalization.

Find some used CD1pro's, run 25-50 watts to them, and you'll be quite happy.
I see used pro's in the $200 range regularly.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

You say you don't want to buy used gear and are not looking for something "cheap" but $200 isn't going to get you very far with a set of new horns. IDK you might be able to buy one of the motors for $200 new?

Those CD1pros are really nice horns, but you are probably going to want to get a good (at least) 15 band EQ for them so you can tame them enough your ears wont bleed. Literally

I ahve heard a set of the CD1pro's on a 75X2 PRS amp and they were much louder than my Boston Acoustics PRO6.53X comps with 180+ RMS per side.

Id like to be able to just control it easily through my premier 860mp

And I said I didnt wanna spend $200 on used, I am looking for qound quality though, Id like them to atleast sound clear to the ear at high volume

MB quart reference speakers get loud, so do dozens of others, $200 wont get you much of anything better than you have now though. I had a set of MBQ with 150 per side, and they would damage your hearing in short order if you wanted to. In your case, maybe adding another set of speakers up front would do it. What I just said is frowned upon by serious audiophiles, as 1 good set of front speakers is all you need. Good luck with whatever you choose!

SQ definetely matters, since Ive been on these forums Ive definetely been noticing in different setups the differences. When on high volumes I wouldnt like to have any noticeable distortion. Just clean highs
Curious if 2 sets of components in a front stage would be louder, or if just a single set in the doors on a lot of power would be best.
I have 2 sets of comps in the front doors and they get pretty ****in loud.

pics in 1 sec

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

I wouldnt "MIND" biulding custom kickpanels, but Im really in no mood at the moment. I suppose I could buy 2 sets of the CDT's or the Pheonix gold rsd's and mount them in the door with the tweeters up top, but will those get loud with the power Ive got on hand here

Woofers designed for use in PA equipment are ill suited to car use because the require very large enclosures to extend into the lower octaves. Your better off getting a good 8 inch woofer designed for use in a car and feeding it a lot of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.