Loud 3-way Setup Suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I usually over-search these types of things but have been needing to redo my doors from 2 6.5s to something much more, and have always appreciated a good 3 way. I only have an 80prs as a DSP (I know it isn't everything, but hopefully it'll do) and then use the crossovers on either the amps or an external EQ. They are in a set of these doors (will buy factory doors from a junkyard) and I can always try and have the pillars done as well. I know some basics of 3-ways like what functions as what, but no one that I know of appreciates a solid set of doors that have actual midbass and just overall be loud as crap as well.

Budget: don't really have a specific budget, but obviously want the best bang for my buck; will be using 2 TS 150.4s if need be and a Rockford 250.4 for the tweeters more than likely.

TL;DR - read the post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t653/Zach_Carlson/78311602_zpshl3amixo.jpg

I usually over-search these types of things but have been needing to redo my doors from 2 6.5s to something much more, and have always appreciated a good 3 way. I only have an 80prs as a DSP (I know it isn't everything, but hopefully it'll do) and then use the crossovers on either the amps or an external EQ. They are in a set of these doors (will buy factory doors from a junkyard) and I can always try and have the pillars done as well. I know some basics of 3-ways like what functions as what, but no one that I know of appreciates a solid set of doors that have actual midbass and just overall be loud as crap as well.
Budget: don't really have a specific budget, but obviously want the best bang for my buck; will be using 2 TS 150.4s if need be and a Rockford 250.4 for the tweeters more than likely.

TL;DR - read the post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

prv neos 6.5 in the kick on axis, 10 or 8 in doors. The power handling is ridiculous. bridging a ppi 900.4 to a pair and they handle every last bit and sound sweet with the power. so bridge the ts 150.4s and deaden your doors. The prv neos are actually VERY midbassy in a proper door even more than the pwxs but are waaay louder and brighter up top. Massive audio CT 2s german silk domes are my choice for really good sounding silk domes that can get loud and handle a lot of power as well.

Use a wideband as your tweeter and cross it as low as the 80 will let you. 1.25khz.

Any 6.5s should be able to hit that before beaming.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ya..that PPI 900.4 does well.I was trying out my Autotek BTS 7300s and they sounded very nice on the doors with a Kicker KQ9 EQ,worked well also

prv neos 6.5 in the kick on axis, 10 or 8 in doors. The power handling is ridiculous. bridging a ppi 900.4 to a pair and they handle every last bit and sound sweet with the power. so bridge the ts 150.4s and deaden your doors. The prv neos are actually VERY midbassy in a proper door even more than the pwxs but are waaay louder and brighter up top. Massive audio CT 2s german silk domes are my choice for really good sounding silk domes that can get loud and handle a lot of power as well.
I have 240mil deadener in the doors

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Use a wideband as your tweeter and cross it as low as the 80 will let you. 1.25khz.
Any 6.5s should be able to hit that before beaming.

What do you mean a wideband?

I have 240mil deadener in the doors ? 

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

What do you mean a wideband?
Most mids have break up or hard roll off at the top end. 12k and up usually plummets.

Some mids are designed as widebands to not have this issue and can be used from 500hz to 20khz with no issue

Zach, we have a 3-way system that you would love. It's been the Ford Mustang front speaker solution lately with great results, and I'm certain you can make it work.

Most mids have break up or hard roll off at the top end. 12k and up usually plummets.
Some mids are designed as widebands to not have this issue and can be used from 500hz to 20khz with no issue

Is there a way to tell which mid is designed like that?

Whoops. Post above this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.