Lossless files over bluetooth VS CD Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list
I misunderstood the problem. I thought the BT stream itself was being accused of somehow chopping down your sound quality.
You're killing me with the FLAK thing but you have proven the following point: I'm not your mom.

Anyway good luck solving the problem / rooting your phone!
Sorry, in my head I used a C. IDK how a K got up there.. multiple times. smh

And thanks! its, idk, I'm encountering a lot of problems not in the tutorial. But I'm figuring out my mistakes and such. The root checker app says this is one of the harder phones to root.. no kidding. Its my first time trying too lol.

Are there any easy modifications to maximize your potential on an iPhone 7?

I’ll be looking into the Spotify now...

It’s weird because when I️ listen to Pandora from a “home” audio receiver it sounds very full and clean, same with YouTube (especially on the Denon AVR-1613 I️ picked up off craigslist or 5 mile)...

But in the car pandora sounds STRAIGHT like old dial up internet!

The YouTube quality I’m sure everyone experiences is real hit or miss... it hurts my feelings to listen to anything other than the original CD.

But like I’m sure a lot of us do, over half the time I’m streaming from my phone, and unfortunately it’s usually YouTube because it’s fast free and easy[emoji31]...

I️ need to experiment with other sources that are just as quick and user friendly as far as making lists and folders, and I’d be more than happy to pay for a service that I️ know is giving me full premium quality...

What are some good solutions?

My wife says we have amazon prime, hw does it stack up as far as quality and being able to put ALL YOUR **** in quick easy folders ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Spotify Premium I can download my general playlist that I created to my phone in max quality, currently 320kbs

Exactly.. I think its also insinuated to use.. eh, not so ethical method to get your music.. sorry but I'm an artist, even when I don't listen to CDs I still buy albums I generally enjoy to support the artist.

From what I read, Spotify is actually going to be jumping on the lossless FLAK streaming within the next year.

For anyone who would like to test their ears.

ABX High Fidelity Test à la Tidal

Also as an update, I haven't been able to root my phone yet, I've been so busy I haven't gotten to another computer yet.
Been Thierry done that. I posted my results. I can hear the difference. Most people don't understand how finely tuned instruments sound. I played musical instruments since I was 7..

[quote name='Papermaker85']Been Thierry done that. I posted my results. I can hear the difference. Most people don't understand how finely tuned instruments sound. I played musical instruments since I was 7..[/QUOTE]

I would just like to see this.. I know a plethora of recording and sound engineers who have taken the test and admitted the difference was negligible.. most score between 40-60% correct.. which is just luck. I'm not saying that you couldn't tell the difference, you would be one of the very very rare few with that acute of hearing.

Also..

I have succesfully rooted my phone! Thank you @los33 for the link. it helped a lot!!!!

[quote name='tommymilan311']I would just like to see this.. I know a plethora of recording and sound engineers who have taken the test and admitted the difference was negligible.. most score between 40-60% correct.. which is just luck. I'm not saying that you couldn't tell the difference, you would be one of the very very rare few with that acute of hearing.

Also..

I have succesfully rooted my phone! Thank you @los33 for the link. it helped a lot!!!![/QUOTE]

Search here I posted the results in several threads.

[quote name='tommymilan311']I would just like to see this.. I know a plethora of recording and sound engineers who have taken the test and admitted the difference was negligible.. most score between 40-60% correct.. which is just luck. I'm not saying that you couldn't tell the difference, you would be one of the very very rare few with that acute of hearing.

Also..

I have succesfully rooted my phone! Thank you @los33 for the link. it helped a lot!!!![/QUOTE]No prob [emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Also..

I have succesfully rooted my phone! Thank you @los33 for the link. it helped a lot!!!![/QUOTE]

Guarantee you he'll fail in a test where they dont use a blatantly lie and 128 kbps file that they labeled as a 320kbps vs a lossless just to make a point. All the tests he did had a fking joke bitrate claim where you can literally hear a dramatic difference, even a kid and discern it. However between a real quality 320kbps file and a lossless, you wont hear jack sh*t.

basically a 2 megabyte file trying to be labeled as 320kbps was used rather than a legit 10 megabye 320kbps file. makes a dramatic difference. The songs that were used in the site papermaker used to test, I heard a difference between their 320kbps and my 320kbps. Theirs were clearly 128kbps

Sounds like what it boils down to, is have you a decent DSP, with a good EQ and the option to save at least two EQed presets for at least two formats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.