batteries

How's it going guys,

So I have a 2016 jeep patriot with:

-2 Sundown Audio X-10D2 subs, rated at 1250w RMS, wired with 12g at 1ohm.

-1 soundstream Ta1.3000D amp, rated at 2500w RMS

-1 Lc2i LOC

-Double baffled ported box tuned to 32hz

-big 3 upgrade

-0awg to the amp

-stock 140amp Alt

I'm drawing too much power and I have no idea how many XS power batteries I need to toss in the rear to keep the power stable. any suggestions?

Replace stock battery with an agm and add an agm group 31 brand of your choice in the rear.

I had one of those amps. Two xsd3400s on an excessive 300 amp alt, 1/0 everywhere and it still dropped me into the 12s.

Your jeep is a group 25/86. XS does not make direct fitment batteries for that BUT northstar does. *i think*

GP is having a Christmas sale on their batteries. I'd shoot them a message and see what they can do.

thanks man, that was helpful. so swap the stock batt up front and the alt to a mechman 270amp alt? and add a second in the rear?

what if I want top add a 3rd in the rear as well?

thanks man, that was helpful. so swap the stock batt up front and the alt to a mechman 270amp alt? and add a second in the rear?
what if I want top add a 3rd in the rear as well?
If you can add that alt, you could get away with just replacing your stock battery.

You can add as many batteries as you want. You can never have too much electrical.

I personally, do not like to mix wet cell with agm.

How's it going guys,

-1 Lc2i LOC

-big 3 upgrade

-0awg to the amp

-stock 140amp Alt

I'm drawing too much power and I have no idea how many XS power batteries I need to toss in the rear to keep the power stable. any suggestions?
By the way man, how did that Lc2i work out for you?

Thinking about getting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there, no hate on the amp. I used to own one, had it on a AA Mayhem 18 and it was a great setup.

BUT I swapped that amp for a gen. 1 CT2200.1 and it felt like a whole new setup.

If you have the money the money to buy an alt and a pair of quality agm batteries, I would really consider swapping out that soundstream amp.

Sundown x's are great subs and you could really make them come alive with just a bit more power.

If you can add that alt, you could get away with just replacing your stock battery. You can add as many batteries as you want. You can never have too much electrical.

I personally, do not like to mix wet cell with agm.
I was only gonna do dry cell

How's it going guys,

-1 Lc2i LOC

-big 3 upgrade

-0awg to the amp

-stock 140amp Alt

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/gpcaraudio-com/634976-gp-holiday-sale-ends-12-31-northstar-soundqubed.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.