Lossless files over bluetooth VS CD Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't stream anything to my cd player I use my laptop over WiFi to listen to music when I'm home.
I use HDMI to my receiver. We talking about car audio sh*t and then you change subjects.. why.... lmfao. No one gives a fk about home audio when the op is clearly talking about sh*t for in car.

I use HDMI to my receiver. We talking about car audio sh*t and then you change subjects.. why.... lmfao. No one gives a fk about home audio when the op is clearly talking about sh*t for in car.
**** dude you can't follow I use my laptop at home to find new artist and when I do I download them and put them on my flash drive.

**** dude you can't follow I use my laptop at home to find new artist and when I do I download them and put them on my flash drive.
dude you didnt follow. We skip all that sh*t, we discover new artists on the drive. everything's saved on our phones, FK that laptop/flash drive interaction altogether. No one got time for that garbage.

dude you didnt follow. We skip all that sh*t, we discover new artists on the drive. everything's saved on our phones, FK that laptop/flash drive interaction altogether. No one got time for that garbage.
System sound like garbage. If you can't hear the difference in flack 24/96 and steaming good for you.

Only way I'll do that is over much faster data transfer like over my cell network or satellite radio

System sound like garbage. If you can't hear the difference in flack 24/96 and steaming good for you. Only way I'll do that is over much faster data transfer like over my cell network or satellite radio
its not a big enough difference to warrant anything. You just need a different tune for both thats all. If you dont understand that then its your loss.

Literally fk all that hassle. Nobody around can tell the difference when i play a flac vs 320kbps each with their respected tuned settings in all the MECA meets. I seriously doubt in a real blind test with properly adjusted tuning you'd notice anything between a 320kbps vs a flac file. Untuned then yeah slight almost unnoticeable but still extremely slight difference but you circumvent all that with tuning. You are literally just wasting your life trying to pirate flac files and transfer them over to usb and spend all that time trying to navigate through your head unit trying to find the songs while **** needs to load up. Nobody got time for that ****, fking beyond stupid because you get tired of the songs within a week and its the same sh*t all over again.

Flac wont magically make your system sound good. not by a long shot. Other install and tuning factors are way more important.

its not a big enough difference to warrant anything. You just need a different tune for both thats all. If you dont understand that then its your loss.
Literally fk all that hassle. Nobody around can tell the difference when i play a flac vs 320kbps each with their respected tuned settings in all the MECA meets. I seriously doubt in a real blind test with properly adjusted tuning you'd notice anything between a 320kbps vs a flac file. Untuned then yeah slight almost unnoticeable but still extremely slight difference but you circumvent all that with tuning. You are literally just wasting your life trying to pirate flac files and transfer them over to usb and spend all that time trying to navigate through your head unit trying to find the songs while **** needs to load up. Nobody got time for that ****, fking beyond stupid because you get tired of the songs within a week and its the same sh*t all over again.

Flac wont magically make your system sound good. not by a long shot. Other install and tuning factors are way more important.
Dude I have several songs with 320 16/44 and 24/196

Had a thought on this subject: On some apps if you select the highest quality, it will simply deliver the highest quality that it can get up to that maximum. It may be possible that this guy's phone network is throttling his data stream, so his BT connection can transfer much higher bit rates than he's actually receiving.
Scientific test: This guy should connect to this home wifi from his garage and repeat his streaming experiment and see if results differ.
With Spotify Premium I can download my general playlist that I created to my phone in max quality, currently 320kbs

because with streaming you can discover new music. along with skipping the whole download/ripping audio off CDs and sh*t. Literally discovered over 3000 new songs through spotify premium alone and i can play it even without a data connection at 320kbps. Finding a song is way easier and faster than usb. So yeah there's waaay too many advantages in other aspects when it comes to using your phone. Its the new age bro. Old music gets old quickly.
Exactly.. I think its also insinuated to use.. eh, not so ethical method to get your music.. sorry but I'm an artist, even when I don't listen to CDs I still buy albums I generally enjoy to support the artist.

From what I read, Spotify is actually going to be jumping on the lossless FLAK streaming within the next year.

Point is if you spend 2k for a system and you can't hear the difference you wasted your money.
For anyone who would like to test their ears.

ABX High Fidelity Test à la Tidal

Also as an update, I haven't been able to root my phone yet, I've been so busy I haven't gotten to another computer yet.

With Spotify Premium I can download my general playlist that I created to my phone in max quality, currently 320kbs
It's sounding like the answer to my hypothesis is a strong "no," but have you tried casting via Bluetooth a file which you have not down loaded from Spotify and which you know to be high quality, eg. a FLAC file you've downloaded off your home desktop? Always eliminate the most easily tested hypothesis first, before pulling our hair out. (Just because the download is at a certain rate doesn't mean the source file is high quality, after all).

(And for the record it's FLAC, for "Fully Lossless Audio Codec." So far we've written just about every possible permutation of that acronym in this thread).

its also known android wise that all music streams are directly processed thru the phones dsp.All dsp processing is process thru its own chip to save cpu timing for android.
I don't understand why his phone would do any dsp processing at all for audio data it's not going to play. I assume that's just for audio that's about to go through a speaker.

It's sounding like the answer to my hypothesis is a strong "no," but have you tried casting via Bluetooth a file which you have not down loaded from Spotify and which you know to be high quality, eg. a FLAC file you've downloaded off your home desktop? Always eliminate the most easily tested hypothesis first, before pulling our hair out. (Just because the download is at a certain rate doesn't mean the source file is high quality, after all).
(And for the record it's FLAC, for "Fully Lossless Audio Codec." So far we've written just about every possible permutation of that acronym in this thread).

I don't understand why his phone would do any dsp processing at all for audio data it's not going to play. I assume that's just for audio that's about to go through a speaker.
Every phone does this for media streams.
It protects the speakers from unfiltered audio so it does not damage the speakers or headsets, which also plays a role in hearing safety.

This can easily be disabled in android to allow direct stream at phones max gain settings.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It protects the speakers from unfiltered audio so it does not damage the speakers or headsets, which also plays a role in hearing safety.

This can easily be disabled in android to allow direct stream at phones max gain settings.

That makes sense. I thought this was floated as a possible cause for his audio quality to drop when streamed over Bluetooth, though?

From what I understand the more I dig in and research is because its a "signature sound" thing to. For example, apple does other clarity filters and such to make it sound they way apple thinks it should sound. My assumption is they don't expect people to be using thousands of dollars in equipment to be listening to over these devices..

As stated in this thread you can bypass this by rooting the phone.. Sure its a little work now, but once done I never have to dilly dally with a computer anymore.

And yes, to answer your previous question I bought a CD with the digital download in lossless FLAK format.. using my phone I could not hear a difference from spotify 320kbs download and the FLAK.. but the CD had a night and day sound. I noticed that the sound was much better before I got to the "too loud for healthy listening" warning or whatever. So beyond this point I think the audio is compressed to sound louder without damaging equipment, not proven, just my thought on the way it sounds.

By rooting your phone and using Viper, you can get artist intended audio by bypassing the phone audio signature sound, if you will

Rooting this Galaxy is a process, lemme tell ya

From what I understand the more I dig in and research is because its a "signature sound" thing to. For example, apple does other clarity filters and such to make it sound they way apple thinks it should sound. My assumption is they don't expect people to be using thousands of dollars in equipment to be listening to over these devices..
As stated in this thread you can bypass this by rooting the phone.. Sure its a little work now, but once done I never have to dilly dally with a computer anymore.

And yes, to answer your previous question I bought a CD with the digital download in lossless FLAK format.. using my phone I could not hear a difference from spotify 320kbs download and the FLAK.. but the CD had a night and day sound. I noticed that the sound was much better before I got to the "too loud for healthy listening" warning or whatever. So beyond this point I think the audio is compressed to sound louder without damaging equipment, not proven, just my thought on the way it sounds.

By rooting your phone and using Viper, you can get artist intended audio by bypassing the phone audio signature sound, if you will

Rooting this Galaxy is a process, lemme tell ya
I misunderstood the problem. I thought the BT stream itself was being accused of somehow chopping down your sound quality.

You're killing me with the FLAK thing but you have proven the following point: I'm not your mom.

Anyway good luck solving the problem / rooting your phone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.