Lossless files over bluetooth VS CD Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/samsung-galaxy-s8-root-snapdragon-t3659305
Do this..

With samsung phones its impossible to mess up because you can download the stock firmware and redo it all over again over and over and over again.

Just take your time and read thru it all.

If not then go buy a usb and put your music or a cd and a headunit that supports both lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thank you, I was also able to get my phone back to stock but haven't been able to root.. I've tried a couple different things now but haven't seen this one, I'll give it a shot. And I'll continue to stick with CDs if I can't get it to work

Thanks!

Thank you, I was also able to get my phone back to stock but haven't been able to root.. I've tried a couple different things now but haven't seen this one, I'll give it a shot. And I'll continue to stick with CDs if I can't get it to work
Thanks!
I'm still a bit surprised this problem exists in the first place. I have an S4 that I stream Pandora to my head unit with via Bluetooth and it sounds great. Makes me wonder if this built in EQ thing is unique to the newer models.

Out of curiosity I checked the Bluetooth standards. Bluetooth version 3 (currently we're up to at least 5) has a maximum speed of 25 MBit/second, and newer versions are faster. Version 1.2 of Bluetooth could handle at least 700 KB/s. A CD rom at regular speeds (aka "1x") has a transfer rate of 150 KB/s. Comparing those numbers, it's highly unlikely that the Bluetooth stream itself is the culprit. If there is a difference, it's likely in software or processing of signal on the part of the receiver or transmitter.
But I'm spitballing here. A real computer scientist, ECE, or EE would need to chime in.
I want to see REAL time data transfer rates.

I'm still a bit surprised this problem exists in the first place. I have an S4 that I stream Pandora to my head unit with via Bluetooth and it sounds great. Makes me wonder if this built in EQ thing is unique to the newer models.
S4 had a simple amplified chip internally.. the newer versions have a separate amp chip now

S4 had a simple amplified chip internally.. the newer versions have a separate amp chip now
I can believe that my phone would chew up the source signal pretty badly when trying to play sound out of its own speaker, due to the poor quality and limited reproduction capabilities of the tiny speaker itself and also some pretty limited circuitry.

I'm a bit more surprised that all this hardware would get used when streaming via Bluetooth. I feel like a well programmed phone in this respect should take the data stream from my network and faithfully pipe it over BT to the head unit.

Had a thought on this subject: On some apps if you select the highest quality, it will simply deliver the highest quality that it can get up to that maximum. It may be possible that this guy's phone network is throttling his data stream, so his BT connection can transfer much higher bit rates than he's actually receiving.

Scientific test: This guy should connect to this home wifi from his garage and repeat his streaming experiment and see if results differ.

Had a thought on this subject: On some apps if you select the highest quality, it will simply deliver the highest quality that it can get up to that maximum. It may be possible that this guy's phone network is throttling his data stream, so his BT connection can transfer much higher bit rates than he's actually receiving.
Scientific test: This guy should connect to this home wifi from his garage and repeat his streaming experiment and see if results differ.
Pandora streams at 128kbps.
Original mp3 from storage would not use data, its also known android wise that all music streams are directly processed thru the phones dsp.

I can believe that my phone would chew up the source signal pretty badly when trying to play sound out of its own speaker, due to the poor quality and limited reproduction capabilities of the tiny speaker itself and also some pretty limited circuitry.
I'm a bit more surprised that all this hardware would get used when streaming via Bluetooth. I feel like a well programmed phone in this respect should take the data stream from my network and faithfully pipe it over BT to the head unit.
All dsp processing is process thru its own chip to save cpu timing for android.

newer models actually have a 32 bit dac dedicated chip compared to the old models. Its basically buying a new car with a factory amp which makes car audio a pain in the @ss

Why you want to use your **** phone? Get a flash drive and be done with it.
because with streaming you can discover new music. along with skipping the whole download/ripping audio off CDs and sh*t. Literally discovered over 3000 new songs through spotify premium alone and i can play it even without a data connection at 320kbps. Finding a song is way easier and faster than usb. So yeah there's waaay too many advantages in other aspects when it comes to using your phone. Its the new age bro. Old music gets old quickly.

because with streaming you can discover new music. along with skipping the whole download/ripping audio off CDs and sh*t. Literally discovered over 3000 new songs through spotify premium alone and i can play it even without a data connection at 320kbps. Finding a song is way easier and faster than usb. So yeah there's waaay too many advantages in other aspects when it comes to using your phone. Its the new age bro. Old music gets old quickly.
All the music I have is at least cdl quality and I never had to rip anything. I use Pandora at home to find new music and download the flack version free. Lol

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

My cdl player has a keyboard. No faster way. Lol

All the music I have is at least cdl quality and I never had to rip anything. I use Pandora at home to find new music and download the flack version free. Lol 

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

My cdl player has a keyboard. No faster way. Lol
eww pandora is beyond garbage no wonder you think phone streaming is bad, you use the worst streaming medium out there next to youtube. I get the song i want within 3 seconds so i doubt it.

eww pandora is beyond garbage no wonder you think phone streaming is bad, you use the worst streaming medium out there next to youtube. I get the song i want within 3 seconds so i doubt it.
I don't stream anything to my cd player I use my laptop over WiFi to listen to music when I'm home.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.