Looking to upgrade...

Its not that great for back seat passengers, but after you get used to it, just running fronts rules. The clarity is soo much better.

You do actually still feel enveloped in the sound too... some of it will reflect off the roof and rear glass and give you that surrounded feel

I actually like it best with my sub, my rears seemed to fight with the subs, and would make the bass a lot crappier all around. I can crank the sub sooo much higher with no rear fill, and it stays purer the whole time

Thats why I run my 120hz+ on my rears. No need for that much midbass on my rears when the subwoofer pressure is going to be pushing the rear speaker cones up and down.

I personaly think rear fill is fine, but should attenuated properly so the front passengers only hear the fronts and the rear passengers hear both, mainly the rear because come on, what are the rear passengers going to hear? Probably only bass in the trunk right behind them.
well im not going to be running a sub at least not right away i cant really afford one so do you think i should get some rear speakers to make up for that or just wait and save for a sub and do both front a sub at the same time?

I personally prefer rear fill. Especially in a sedan, i have a 2002 altima which is almost exactly the same interior size as yours. I tried only fronts but its just too much cabin to fill for just fronts.

What i do is run EXACTLY the same speakers i run up front in the back too, that way rear fill doesn't mess with my SQ. Also i power my fronts with about 3-4 times the power as the rear.

If you have time alignment rears aren't so bad. They sure help you get loud though and help relieve some stress off the fronts.

You have 3000 dollars to spend but cannot afford a sub. Isnt that contradicting yourself
well the speakers that i am looking at are about 1000 a pair plus the cost of an amp puts me in about the 3000 dollar range so i guess that i cant afford a sub... i do have other things that i want to do to my car... im not the kind of person that likes SPL im much more interested in SQ.

well the speakers that i am looking at are about 1000 a pair plus the cost of an amp puts me in about the 3000 dollar range so i guess that i cant afford a sub... i do have other things that i want to do to my car... im not the kind of person that likes SPL im much more interested in SQ.
Dude what? You are going to waste $2000 on an amp for your components? oooooooookay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Dude what? You are going to waste $2000 on an amp for your components? oooooooookay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
how do you figure that the amp is going to cost 2g's when i said that the speakers are about 1000 a pair which equals 2000 plus the cost of an amp which im guessing is going to be roughly 1000 now that puts me at about 3000 i mean correct me if im wrong... if you guys know where i can find a better deal then by all means tell me...

how do you figure that the amp is going to cost 2g's when i said that the speakers are about 1000 a pair which equals 2000 plus the cost of an amp which im guessing is going to be roughly 1000 now that puts me at about 3000 i mean correct me if im wrong... if you guys know where i can find a better deal then by all means tell me...
For one why are you buying 2 pairs of $1000 speakers when you cannot even afford a sub.

YOu can also spend all the money you like on equipment but install is more important when it comes to SQ.

Look at my sig, that whole system costs $3G and it sounds incredible. That includes TONS of deadening, tons of soundproofing and panel treatment, open cell foams, custom speaker installs and everything.

a few posts above this you told me that i should get the same speakers for the rear which i where i got the 2g's for speakers... the 3g's included install... but the point of this thread was not to argue with you about how much i plan on spending on my stereo but to find out more info on a brand of speakers that i have never heard before and so far no one has really been very helpful with finding information...

Well because it really doesn't make sense to buy $1000 sets of speakers and a $1000 amp if you are not totally loaded. Buy 2 pairs of $500 speakers like the new 2005 Boston Pros or something. Then buy 2 $500 amps, buy a $500 sub/subs, and a $500 head unit and you have a whole system.

Well because it really doesn't make sense to buy $1000 sets of speakers and a $1000 amp if you are not totally loaded. Buy 2 pairs of $500 speakers like the new 2005 Boston Pros or something. Then buy 2 $500 amps, buy a $500 sub/subs, and a $500 head unit and you have a whole system.
alright heres the system that i am looking at and you can give me your opinion on it... i already have an alpine cda-9815 im looking at the Rainbow Profi Vanadium line 2 way components for the front and rear powered by a arc amp (not to sure on the which amp yet b/c im still doing research on this whole system) and for a sub eventually im going to get a JL 10w6v2 most likely powered by a JL amp... now you tell me what you think about this set up...

vanadiums are great speakers, have you looked at the DLS Iridium 6.2 sets yet? Those are supposed to be awesome. Personally i like the new bostom pros (not the old bright sounding ones made pre 2005) better than anything i've heard from Rainbow (never heard the platinums or reference). Sub sounds good though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.