Looking to install subs but not loose trunk space

It would be some modification to the vehicle, but if you cut out the rear deck and turned it into a baffle and ran something like a pair of 10s or 12s infinite baffle, you would have some very smooth, flat bass, and would literally not lose a single square inch of trunk room since there is no enclosure.

pro-rabbits idea would sound really good, and should leave you plenty of room for a couple of golf bags. a bandpassed pair of eights right under your rear deck ported into the cabin. Absolutely love your car, too. I have a soft spot for the non-outback legacy's. Best car I've ever owned.
how would i do a box for these? and are you sugestiing i remove the rear speakers to put the subs in or just cut new holes ?

It would be some modification to the vehicle, but if you cut out the rear deck and turned it into a baffle and ran something like a pair of 10s or 12s infinite baffle, you would have some very smooth, flat bass, and would literally not lose a single square inch of trunk room since there is no enclosure.
what do you mean turn it into a baffle ? haha im really new to all this audio technology

what do you mean turn it into a baffle ? haha im really new to all this audio technology
An IB (infinite baffle) install uses the trunk as the "enclosure". Your rear deck has to have the support and rigidity and be sealed from the cabin. I have a pair of 8's mounted IB in my Olds and they're more than adequate for my needs. No box...

What type of car do you have exactly? I went with a stealthbox in my Edge and it doesn't take up any extra space at all. Goes behind a panel and is designed for that exact spot, it is also a 10" sub JL Audio W3v3. I know what Pro Rabbit means by nicer setups and not just BOOM BOOM BOOM, but can't hear anything else. I might be getting in touch with you Rabbit, picking up a 2013 SHO today, I plan on ripping out the Sony system in that car. It ***** that you can't get a SHO without that crap.

What type of car do you have exactly? I went with a stealthbox in my Edge and it doesn't take up any extra space at all. Goes behind a panel and is designed for that exact spot, it is also a 10" sub JL Audio W3v3. I know what Pro Rabbit means by nicer setups and not just BOOM BOOM BOOM, but can't hear anything else. I might be getting in touch with you Rabbit, picking up a 2013 SHO today, I plan on ripping out the Sony system in that car. It ***** that you can't get a SHO without that crap.
i have a 97 subaru legacy gt, i really like the idea of putting one or two 8s in the rear deck but havent a clue how to go about this as this would be a first time sub instillation

I love the idea of the two 8's in a bandpass firing thru the rear deck. But here is another option I have used in the past.

If you don't mind giving up your spare tire you can have a custom fiberglass enclosure built into the spare tire well. I did one in my Pontiac G8 and was able to run 2-12" subs. But that was a HUGE spare tire well. You could do a half spare tire enclosure for a single 10 and have room for an amp rack in thespare tire well also. Here is a pic of the half enclosure:

halfsub.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.