DIY Speaker to TV (( HELP ))

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.SoloDolo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Last edited by a moderator:
I have two extra 6" car speakers which I plan to build an enclosure for and use it for my flat screen tv. Im having a hard time figuring out how to wire them directly to my tv. The only audio output available on my television is a "coaxial audio cable" output. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas ?

I'd just get a receiver off Craigslist or a pawn shop and run RCA's out from the TV to the receiver. Old school receivers are pretty cheap....

I'd just get a receiver off Craigslist or a pawn shop and run RCA's out from the TV to the receiver. Old school receivers are pretty cheap....
There are no RCA outputs on the TV. Unless you meant the other way aroundWill the Y splitter and external amplifier work though? the links I posted above

You can use the headphone jack to RCAs if you cant find an adapter I have one for $12 shipped and will include two rca female couplings if you have to make it longer ....This will also mute the crappy internal factory speakers so your sound will come through only the new speaker system but youll have to go into a spall amp then too speakers

You can use the headphone jack to RCAs if you cant find an adapter I have one for $12 shipped and will include two rca female couplings if you have to make it longer ....This will also mute the crappy internal factory speakers so your sound will come through only the new speaker system but youll have to go into a spall amp then too speakers
I called radioshack and they told me coaxial input/outputs are different shape than 3.2mm headphone jacks. I think i'm going to order the 3 items above (coaxial cable, coaxial/rca splitter, mini amp) and hope they work

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.