looking to buy an alpine head unit

rippinitup7
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
currently i have a jvc KD-LH300CD head unit in my jeep which one of my buddies wants really bad. since hes willing to give me a pretty nice offer for it i might go ahead up upgrade to a better one. i always been a fan of jvc head units, but lately after seeing some alpines, i really like them alot more. now i don't know much about head units since theres so many on the market, but are alpine head units considered good compared to other brands? can i get a radio thats better than mine as far as features and what not go for somewhere around $300? is so can i get some recommendations?

crutchfield has awesome offers -

free shipping \ 3 year warranty \ free wiring harness \ free dash kit \ free antenna harness \ free CD holder \ install instructions (specific for your make\moldel car) and all the stuff (including dash kit) is specifically for your make\model... none of that "universal" bullshit.

i got my CDA-9827 for 260 total, MP3\WMA support and all. but it only has a 2-band EQ (3 preamp outputs!)

maybe go with the 9830 for a little more... thats my .02c

my only petpeev's with it is the remote wont let you chang the EQ or switch on\off the "talk volume" or whatever its supposed to be (slowly lowers the volume to a pre-set volume so you can talk- then ya push it again and it goes back to what it was at before) but you got pause\play\FF\RR\next\previous\volume\ and some other stuff.

great little HU's

ive not had a single skip and its been almost a month now. im quite pleased with it. i think it does distort at ~20 on the volume though, but thats why i got my orion amp comming in the mail huh! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

alpine makes nice headunits along with eclipse and pioneer. look for a pioneer 8600. they go for $330 new but you could probably find one used for under $300. everytime i sit in my car and see my 8600, i love it a little bit more.

Alpine and pioneer r my favorite brands.

some of the alpine HUs have more power than the pioneer HUs but some of the pioneer have cool looking displays.

the jvc head units r not my favorite

my friends have jvc HUs and they don't sound as loud and clear as alpine and pioneer HUs.

go with the alpine CDA-9831 CD/MP3/WMA Receiver.

crutchfield.com has a great deal like req said. 279 with all the free sutff and shipping is a very good deal. i just ordered one for the gf tonite.
Req's post mentioned a 3 year warranty as well. Alpine's warranty is one year. Crutchfield even lists it as that. The only manufacturer who gives a 3 year warranty, afaik, is Eclipse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.