Need a HU for g/f........any suggestions?

i bought an alpine cdm-9823 for $180 from my local shop about 4 months ago and havent had any problems w/ it. you could always go w/ the lower end alpines if youre not planning on a system that needs sub outputs. most low ends come w/ 1 set of preouts incase you want to run an amp to some components which would sound real nice and wouldnt cost much. but id go w/ alpine, most reliable headunit manufacture out in my opinion.

I recommend Pioneer, that plays pm3, such as 7400mp, or an alpine that does.. MP3 is so great now. Yeah, future planning for subwoofers, should be accounted, so you don't need anything that fancy if you aren't.

Alpine CDA-9827 is about $225. I highly recommend it because I have it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif It has 4V preamp outputs with subwoofer outputs. Plus bass engine, eq control, MX, and plays MP3's and WMA's. Mp3s really kick ass now since you can fit like 10 albums on one cd. O yea the alpine is great for navigating through the MP3 discs. U'll notice that music is alot louder on the Alpine deck also. On my old Kenwood deck I would be able to go up to 23/35 and it would be loud. On the alpine deck, I cant go more than 16/35. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

Id go on ebay and get a Alpine cda-9833. there going for about 300 bucks. http://search.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-9833_W0QQfromZR8QQsatitleZAlpineQ20CDAQ2d9833QQsosortorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ3

I think its kinda different that the deck needs its own power wire from the battery for the 60x4 vdrive amp in the deck. The deck is fully loaded with 4v front, rear, and sub outputs incase you add a some amps in the future...

more info at crutchfield on it

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IpvCNsWK8mC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=500CDA9833

alpine CDA-9827 at cructchfield for 260 with a 3 year warranty - ALL THE PIECES TO INSTALL IT - wiring kit, dash kit, antenna adaptor, instructions - free 24\7\365 tech support, and all that good stuff.

i was gonna buy it on ebay, but the kit\harness\adapter alone would make up for the cost AND i got a 3 year warranty. so its the best deal i found.

Ill prolly go ahead and go with alpine. I know theyre really good HU. So thats what Im going to do. I might go ahead and get two of them. One for her and one for me.

very good choice there superman. trust me you wont be let down w/ the alpine headunits. my friend has an alpine headunit from like 98 or 99 and its still just as good as a new one. i have yet to hear any complaints from anyone about alpine hu's. good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.