Looking SWF Box Builder in Cali

Participant count
  • Participant list

Z from Japan
10+ year member

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Just kidding on the SWF but..... if there is one, hey //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Oh, sorry. Just remembered, I am married.

I want a box built for a single 18" DC Audio Lvl 4XL. I just need the box mocked up, no carpet, no glue, just shipped to me in pieces and I'll put it together. I work for the US military in Japan so I need shipping through USPS.

I have a family van with the 3rd row seats removed and this box will be pushed against the back of the 2nd row seats - this angle is about 60deg so it's basically a standard truck style box shape. I want 7-8cu ft with 16sq in / ft for port, tuned as close to 30hz as possible.

Anyone in Cali good with wood and interested in building me a box?

We are in Oregon and could send you one for a great price. Shipping would be pretty cheap too.
I'll look you up if I can't get a box builder in Cali due to the lower shipping costs.

What kind of pricing are we talking about here? I will post the specs for the box in a moment.....

Here is the back of my van:

P1030555.JPG

I am here is a basic outline of the box:

Sub%20Box%201.JPG

The length of 37" and height of 36" are the max for those dimensions, they can be adjusted down if needed. The other dimensions are flexible.

I forsee the sub facing the rear of the van - as protrayed by the "O". The port would be above the sub and would run along to top of the box, then down the back side of the box.

I am open to other box design suggestions if anyone has a better design.

why not subs up port back or subs up port up?

and yes, we can build you one, so are you looking for someone to make the whole box for you? and ship it out to you? or are you wanting someone to just make the cuts and stuff?

It would be easier for us to just build the box for ya and ship it to be honest...

But price wise, if your looking at 6 cubes would be 180 + 40 shipping, this is for ported, with internal bracing, lifetime warrenty and no carpet. If you would like carpet add $30.

why not subs up port back or subs up port up?
and yes, we can build you one, so are you looking for someone to make the whole box for you? and ship it out to you? or are you wanting someone to just make the cuts and stuff?

It would be easier for us to just build the box for ya and ship it to be honest...

But price wise, if your looking at 6 cubes would be 180 + 40 shipping, this is for ported, with internal bracing, lifetime warrenty and no carpet. If you would like carpet add $30.
Thats a great price!

The reason for not doing sub up is that there is not enough space on the top plane for an 18" sub. I am into diving and other crap so I need as much space in the trunk (behind the box) as possible. Not having the sub up will allow me to stack stuff on top if I go camping etc.

Unfortunately USPS has limits on the size of packages and a box of this size won't make it. The only option is to have the box shipped pre-assembled, and I do the gluing and screwing here.

What kind of options do you offer? If you have something other than MDF (like berch or something else) I would be interested in that. The humidity here ruins a lot of mdf boxes. I would also like to have some heavy duty terminals, and purchase the carpet from you. Is there anything else you think I might be interested in?

Edit: I would like to keep it as close to 8 cubes and 30hz as possible.

bro im here pm me. in socal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

We offer many options. We can various round-overs on both the inner and outer port, as well as the edges of the box. We can flush mount the sub for you and pretty much anything else...

Do you have anything in particular in mind? You should shoot us an email at DLaudiotech@gmail (we are both on there often) and we can work something out for you.

I am aslo in Japan with a FPO AP address and would like a box 4 cu ft. tuned to 32Hz after displacement for a 15" AA Havoc. I would like the box to be braced, corners rounded over and made from birch. How much would this cost?

We offer many options. We can various round-overs on both the inner and outer port, as well as the edges of the box. We can flush mount the sub for you and pretty much anything else...
Do you have anything in particular in mind? You should shoot us an email at DLaudiotech@gmail (we are both on there often) and we can work something out for you.

Emailed you.

I am aslo in Japan with a FPO AP address and would like a box 4 cu ft. tuned to 32Hz after displacement for a 15" AA Havoc. I would like the box to be braced, corners rounded over and made from birch. How much would this cost?
if you would like, you could also send us an email. DLaudiotech@gmail.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.