10+ year member

chi
I am looking for a touch screen HU and cant make up my mind i want

1) a touch screen that sits in our double DIN setups

2)has bluetooth ability

3)has navigation ability

4)MUST WORK WELL WITH IPOD! NO LAG!!

i was looking at these few models but know very little on this topic:

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6140/Kenwood-DNX6140.html?cc=07&tp=20221&tab=features_and_specs

or

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_110VM9223/Jensen-VM9223.html?search=Jensen+VENDORID110&searchdisplay=Jensen

I was looking for those features too. I decided to go with a Kenwood model basically because the Bluetooth and Navi System they are opperated by. The Navi system is by Garmin and the Bluetooth is by Parrot. Apparently they are the best by far. You can still get another brand but the Navi System and BT system I heard **** in most other units. I am looking at the Kenwood DNX6140. It has built-in Navi and BT. You can buy the ipod/iphone adapter for like 15-20 dollars on eBay. Only downside to the 6140 they retail from websites for around $800+. But my understanding is they are well worth the money, I cannot find one bad review.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/car_entertainment/mobile_video_n_navigation/navigation/

That is a link to the 4 units that support navi system at the moment.

sorry for the broken links...they work now...

yes that is one of the two or three that i am looking at, but it is sooo expensive!

Ya that to me is the best unit around at the moment for all in one deal. I found some on eBay for around 723.99 with free shipping. I am debating on buying or waiting a month or so. Let me know which unit you end up with since we got the same taste it seems haha. You can PM or w/e.

go with the kenwood, for the money it cant be beat, you should try to stretch ur budget and ket the dnx8120, its an incredible piece of equipment. pioneer has a alot of lagand teh alpine need seperate adapters for every **** thing. good luck

Ya that to me is the best unit around at the moment for all in one deal. I found some on eBay for around 723.99 with free shipping. I am debating on buying or waiting a month or so. Let me know which unit you end up with since we got the same taste it seems haha. You can PM or w/e.
well i just pulled the trigger....another purchase for my car that i can not afford!

got the Kenwood 6140 and the iPod adaptor for less than 800 shipped from amazon....i hope that it works out, because that price is almost too good to be true

I am sure you won't be disappointed. And plus you do not have to pay $200 like me to get the dang thing installed. I got a 2000 chevy silverado that only requires a 1.5 din. So they have to custom fit the bezel to fit, basically a big mess that I wish i knew how to do. So let me know how you like it though.

im speaking of the bluetooth that is ran through the side trim near the windshield so the speaker can sit on the visor...

how can this trim be removed? just popped off on most cars? mine is an 03 mustang if anyone knows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.