Looking for the best 6.5 inch speakers

Dyter19

I got an 05 navigator and want to put a real nice setup in it whats the best 6.5 in woofer and tweeters I can get for roughly 1000-1200. with the 1000 ill need two pairs of 6.5 speakers 2 tweeters and a 4 channel amp for the speakers. I want quality speakers that sound nice and will last but also can get loud.

CDT MX3-HD-Pod with HD-6EX, or 2 pairs of CDT MX-2CL, or 2 sets of Diamond SXP65S

Amp: CDT SQA-4075, or Precision Power BK800.4, or Clarion XC6410

T-spec 4 AWG OFC amplifier wiring kit, 1 more RCA cable, some sound deadener

There are different options for you.

Exodus Anarchys are the best sounding 6.5 I and many others have ever heard. Tweets are up to you and what you like, power wise. You'll want someone strong. With your budget look into something like a Zed Levi. Very clean sound with lots of power to boot

I know install is a big part, would it be advisable to do it my self by looking online and watching how to do the install if I've never done it before then take to an audio store to be fine tuned for the crossover equalizer setting etc. or just best to go to the store and have them do total install.

I know install is a big part, would it be advisable to do it my self by looking online and watching how to do the install if I've never done it before then take to an audio store to be fine tuned for the crossover equalizer setting etc. or just best to go to the store and have them do total install.
Really not that hard man we can walk you through it. Even the crossover settings, not hard at all, just ask for help man

I looked online at the CRT mx series and think the 6.5 inch one would be good for front and mx series 6 by 9 would be good for the back???? Or is there a better sounding speaker in this price range, I couldn't find any reviews of these speakers. Anyone else recommend this company. Also what's the easiest best way to add a two inch speaker for a 3 way in front and add a 2 inch and 1 inch tweeter in back. As that's what the speaker package entails fr 400 a pair

I looked online at the CRT mx series and think the 6.5 inch one would be good for front and mx series 6 by 9 would be good for the back???? Or is there a better sounding speaker in this price range, I couldn't find any reviews of these speakers. Anyone else recommend this company. Also what's the easiest best way to add a two inch speaker for a 3 way in front and add a 2 inch and 1 inch tweeter in back. As that's what the speaker package entails fr 400 a pair
The speakers in the MX Designs systems have been around a long time and they're proven performers. MX Designs is the new line-up because of the MX-1000SX crossovers. That's what sets them apart from anything else CDT has made, ever. The crossovers allow someone to start with a 2-way system and upgrade to a 3-way very easily. The array of adjustments allows them to work with many different combinations of CDT speakers to fit virtually any vehicle.

You don't want a 6x9 for a Navigator. You can more easily adapt to fit a 6.5" or 6.7" woofer than to fit a 6x9, mainly when you consider how much metal might need to be trimmed to clear the 6x9 baskets. In a vehicle that size there should be subwoofers added to cover the bass.

According to some site forget the name my navigator can hold 6,5 in the front seat area and 6.5 or 6 by 9 in the back without any cutting. I don't know the mounting depth it can hold though. And I will be getting a couple of subwoofers in my vehicle probably 2 15 inch ( possibly from sundown audio heard good things from them) I just wanted to take care of the main speakers first as I can't dump 2-3 grand all at once.

And does anybody have experience with using pods for the 2 inch mids and 1 inch tweeters. i have a factory spot for the 1 inch tweeters in the front but nowhere factory for the 2 inch mids or the 1 inch tweeters in the back. how easy are the pods to wire up and screw in ? Glue on?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.