Looking for Suggestions

Zykean

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hey, for starters I am new to the whole car audio industry, so any and all help is extremely appreciated!

I am looking for suggestions (from speakers all the way to a sub) for a 2016 Kia Forte5. It is a smaller hatchback probably about the size of a Focus hatchback. I'm just looking for help in different kinds of speakers and subwoofers that will allow me to have good powerful low bass and crystal clear mids-highs without breaking the bank. Right now I have a 8" Sony powered sub and its a little trooper but I'm looking for a bit more. The subwoofer can wait since I already have one that works well, mainly looking for speakers. I was looking at some 6.5" skar audio speakers but I've gotten mixed reviews about Skar products. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

P.S.
Also suggestions for sound deadening. Thanks!

What I would do is look through the forums and find brands that you don't know about yet. Some brands are cheap all around, some brands cost a lot because of flashy looks and don't perform well. Then, there's brands where a lot of money goes into actually developing the audio product. I would start finding brands that give you the most performance and quality for your money. If you're just starting and you buy good equipment, you can usually keep that equipment for a long time, that way you can play around with what you have and really figure out what you want to about audio.

I would also stay away from most premade or prefabricated subwoofer boxes, and get one custom made to what you listen to. The fun about audio is that you can make things sound however you want them to.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=392683128325
I like Polks for drop Ins. These sound really good with door treatment and a decent amplifier .I like the DB series alot. The MM series are really Great with an amp. Prices sure have gone up recently. Might take a look at Incriminator Audio and even some American Bass for the money.. SoundQubed. Crystal clear sound that you want is going to take quite a bit of door treatments, floor treatment from road noise, and prob some custom work for direction placements and can get very expensive.

Last edited:
CT Sounds make some really great sounding speakers. I like the sound off theyre 3 way component set. They dont handle as much power as CDT 3way but they sure sound great for the entry level lower tier people that want some great sound. Im sure the 2 way would sound just as good, being the same speakers without the neo mid in the 3way set up. Worth considering
https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...