Looking for some high quality 4 inchs mids

Participant count
  • Participant list

ducatipaso
10+ year member

Hi I have a 2001 Volvo C70 convertible and I am looking to up-grade the speakers in my doors. I have a 8inch sub & a 4inch mid in each door. I already have plans to up-grade the 8 inch subs now I need to focus my attention on the 4 inch mids. The stereo is powered by a 400watt alpine V12 4 channel amp. I think the 4 inchs mids will be getting about 50watts RMS and they need to be 4 ohm speakers.

The problem I am having is finding 4 inch speakers that can handle that much power, all of the speakers I looked at on ebay can only handle about 30watt RMS. Does anybody know of any 4 inch mids that can handle say 75watts RMS so that my speakers can handle more then my amp can put out?

I cant remember how much mounting depth I have? But their is some depth.

I could modify my door panels & up-grade to 6 1/2 speakers but I would like to maintain a factory look.

I've looked at the kick panels as a possible location to mount my mids but that area is shaped funny because their is extra re-reinforcement because it is a convertible.

Does anybody know of some high power, high quality 4 inchs mids?

Thanks

Thanks for the speaker info, I like the more pricey set of speakers. Now I know that it is possible to get high power 4 inchs mids, I have some more planning & saving to do for my sound system but I will defiantly keep them in mind.

Thanks for the speaker info, I like the more pricey set of speakers. Now I know that it is possible to get high power 4 inchs mids, I have some more planning & saving to do for my sound system but I will defiantly keep them in mind.
cool i am an authorized dealer for them as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.