tweeter help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bgfx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I just installed my Id ctx 65cs comps and while they are clear the tweeters seem bright and are kinda bugging my ears they are mounted in the stock tweeter location in my a pillar. The vehicle is a 2012 f150...I haven't sound deadned my doors but with my amp all the way down the tweeters seem to be outpacing the 6.5 inch drivers. I have the jumper set to -3 but it still seems kinda bright any suggestions I would do the off axis trick but I really don't wanna relocate the woofers I have tried the off phase thing on one side I may reverse it and try it on the other side any suggestions are welcomed.

This is almost certainly because of the location and aiming of the tweeters. The sound is bouncing right off the windshield. No amount of EQ will fix this. If you put the tweeters below the glass that should make a huge difference.

Only thing is my a pillars have the tweeters mounted firing towards the cabin and not towards the glass at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.