Looking For Some Help...Just Starting Out...HO Alternator?? Battery?? Batteries???

Participant count
  • Participant list

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey there everyone! I just stumbled across this website while I was trying to find answers to a few of my questions and have been browsing through some of the threads trying to find answers. I've learned quite a bit in the last few days but figured maybe if I just posted some questions that I may get the right answers specific to my application. So here goes.....

I've got a 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L V6 with the Infinity Sound System. I've taken out the factory head unit along with the 4 disc changer and replaced it with the Kenwood KDC-448U. I've installed a 0 gauge amp kit already and hooked up my newly purchased Brutus 2400.1D. I think I'm going to get 2 RE Audio SXX 12's and have a box built for them. They are 1000 watts RMS each.

I've been reading about some electrical upgrades that will be necessary such as the Big 3, possibly a HO alternator and a spare battery. When I bought the amp I just wanted to make sure that I had a big enough amp to push whatever I wanted to install down the road and build around that, so I went big without knowing what I'd have to do to get the full power out of it.

Since I already have the amp and will be running 2 - 1000 watt RMS subs I need to know which battery to get and if my stock alternator will work or not. I found a 220 amp HO Alternator for my car for about $200 on e-bay If I need to get one. I've noticed that the Kinetic 2400 is around $300. I'm not really looking forward to spending that kind of cash, but will if it's necessary.

I'm just looking for some advice on which battery to get and/or if I need a HO alternator. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated =)

I will be doing the big 3 and running 0 guage wires from the battery under the hood to the battery in the trunk and grounding the negative wires from the spare battery and the amp to 2 different places, probably the seatbelt bolts for the back seat. If I'm missing something, please let me know...Thanks!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.