Looking for single sq. sub...

I have an MTX TS85 12'' D4 subwoofer in a box but could keep the box and sell the sub. has a larger motor with triple stack magnets under the big boot cover.

750 Watts RMS 1500 watts Peak DC coils read 2ohms so depending on you box the nominal impedance is 4 ohms. was asking 175 in the box but you only need the sub. $150 you pay shipping and its yours. also forgot to say its the Black aluminum cone with MTX logo in the center. its in great condition. it slams hard in my box but needs a bigger box than the tiny bass slammer slot vent. i would go with... 3 cubic feet, L port tuned about 35 hz - 39 hz to get it at it's true potential.

[quote name='basswiigee2fix']cuz i had a buddy buy a box that he thought was for a l7 10 but it was for a 12 there for since he already bought box... just trying to find a sub to run in it.. lol back asswards i know....[/QUOTE]

Make another baffle for it..find a good round sub that will fit the specs,...???Just a sheet of MDF,and cut the diameter you need for ?whatever sub that will work nicely in that enclosure?You can get a 2x4 sheet 3/4" for like $12 -15 bucks @Lowes or H.Depot?

[quote name='audiobaun']Make another baffle for it..find a good round sub that will fit the specs,...???Just a sheet of MDF,and cut the diameter you need for ?whatever sub that will work nicely in that enclosure?You can get a 2x4 sheet 3/4" for like $12 -15 bucks @Lowes or H.Depot?[/QUOTE]

i thought about it ... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.