Looking for recommendation for xover

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't see many replies yet... lol... I think if you're gonna use an external active crossover then a ok one I've used is this... Lanzar - OPTIX3B - Optidrive 3 Way Electronic Crossover Network w/Remote Bass Boost Level Control ... the MSRP is just a little unrealistic like most as it's on ebay for $49 shipped new... https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LANZAR-OPTIX3B-Optidrive-3-Way-Electronic-Crossover-Network-w-Remote-Bass-/262573684318?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10 ... It served me well for years and I'd almost give the one I got here away (I mean cheap) but I just like the thing for some reason. The pots on the remote and unit have been flawless and I've had it for 10 years (and I work in a dusty/gritty environment) so the cars I've had get pretty nasty inside.

I like the audiocontrol stuff but IMHO it's just too expensive for what it is... IDK... I've had good luck with the Lanzar and I suppose with me I remember chasing the SQ dream and paying $$$ for a pair of EQT's back in the day, and the line driver I used (can't remember what it was called). Nice stuff but the Symmetry I got soon after just seemed like a better investment.

Probably ought to look into a different H/U or a processor to integrate but I'm old school and for active setups I still use a 3 way active X-over in my stuff too.

Thanks for the reply, I was waiting for one lol. Just looking for some good sound and good volume. I think I can get it with some tweaking of my current set up. Def not looking to spend a lot more money. Not looking to compete and a processor is intimidating to me. Hopefully a xover and maybe even another pair of mids for a 3 way,maybe.

I’ve have an AudioControl EQX in my Sienna (see signature) and love it. I’ve got a JL Audio Twk 88 DSP in my other vehicles to compare it to and even though the Twk has way more tunability, there is just something about the way that AudioControl unit sounds that I like. It’s all anolog, it’s old school, and I love the way it makes my system sound. I also had a DQ-61 that was great and 2 2xs crossovers that I may sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve have an AudioControl EQX in my Sienna (see signature) and love it. I’ve got a JL Audio Twk 88 DSP in my other vehicles to compare it to and even though the Twk has way more tunability, there is just something about the way that AudioControl unit sounds that I like. It’s all anolog, it’s old school, and I love the way it makes my system sound. I also had a DQ-61 that was great and 2 2xs crossovers that I may sell.
I love my eqx as well mines the original version ..

For digital. Minidsp 2x4
For analog. I may have an hifonics ophelia i can sell you. Basically the most ****** OS eq and crossover out there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The mini dsp looks interesting, how difficult/involved to get it set up properly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.