Looking for Professional Enclosure Design for 2 SA-8v2 D2's (Will Pay)

gamehawk55
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be getting my new SA-8v2 D2's in on Tuesday and I really want to get a professional enclosure designed for these new subs to best fit my needs. I've been doing some fiddling around in winISD and I'm just really not sure what to go with or what would sound right as I've never built a box myself nor do I have the equipment to do so. I have a guy here that can build me a box but I wanted to get a specific design for him to build for me first.

Ok so on to the specifics.

I'm going to be running these 2 subs in a Parallel/Series config to bring them to 2ohms running off my Audison LrX 5.1K @1150W. They are going to be going into the trunk of a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT firing towards the back. I'm not sure of what my absolute max dimensions are that I can fit but I do know the rough dimensions of the last box that was in there that I barely fit in (JL High output Box) and I'm pretty sure this box will be quite a bit smaller.

H: 15-17"

W: aprox. 34"

D: 20"

What I am wanting as far as sound goes is I would like it to be able to be nice and punchy, loud and accurate when playing rock and metal, especially stuff that has 16th and 32nd note bass hits. And also would like to be able to play the lows with authority as well if that's possible. I have quite a few bassy songs in my library that can go as low as about 27hz and would like for those to be able to still get loud and move a lot of air while doing it.

If anybody around here would be able to design me a box that can do this specifically for the SA-8v2's that would be great and I would of coarse be willing to pay for your time in designing me this box. I can pay via PayPal or also Email Money Transfer.

Thank you to anyone in advance for taking the time to look at this and help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[quote name='gamehawk55']Hey everyone,

I'm going to be getting my new SA-8v2 D2's in on Tuesday and I really want to get a professional enclosure designed for these new subs to best fit my needs. I've been doing some fiddling around in winISD and I'm just really not sure what to go with or what would sound right as I've never built a box myself nor do I have the equipment to do so. I have a guy here that can build me a box but I wanted to get a specific design for him to build for me first.

Ok so on to the specifics.

I'm going to be running these 2 subs in a Parallel/Series config to bring them to 2ohms running off my Audison LrX 5.1K @1150W. They are going to be going into the trunk of a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT firing towards the back. I'm not sure of what my absolute max dimensions are that I can fit but I do know the rough dimensions of the last box that was in there that I barely fit in (JL High output Box) and I'm pretty sure this box will be quite a bit smaller.

H: 15-17"
W: aprox. 34"
D: 20"

What I am wanting as far as sound goes is I would like it to be able to be nice and punchy, loud and accurate when playing rock and metal, especially stuff that has 16th and 32nd note bass hits. And also would like to be able to play the lows with authority as well if that's possible. I have quite a few bassy songs in my library that can go as low as about 27hz and would like for those to be able to still get loud and move a lot of air while doing it.

If anybody around here would be able to design me a box that can do this specifically for the SA-8v2's that would be great and I would of coarse be willing to pay for your time in designing me this box. I can pay via PayPal or also Email Money Transfer.

Thank you to anyone in advance for taking the time to look at this and help me out :)[/QUOTE]
@double 07 ;

buck designed a box for my 2 skar vvx 8's with a kerfed port, it is very nice! 007 does great work also, I dont thing he does designs only!

Brian @ Starr Mountain Sound AKA @Double07

Is the guy to see.

I contacted him last Friday. He had my box built within a day. And he documented it in a thread so I could see the progress/build.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/starr-mountain-sound/566115-lexicons-ed-13av-2-enclosure.html

then he shipped it out right away. I'm waiting for the FedEx guy now.

1 Week from conception to reality to my doorstep! That is professionalism, efficiency and excellent customer service at it's best.

I plan on using his services for all of my custom boxes in the future after this great experience.

My box hasn't been shipped yet but 007 assures me that it will be shipped out. Monday. Pretty darn good since I payed yesterday. And how can you go wrong $145 shipped, carpeted and ready to rock!!!

Thats correct I do design and build not just designs...Warren yours will leave out Monday along with about 6 others...the bed of my Tundra will be full.....If the OP needs a design I would suggest Buck as well.....solid guy....

OP, since you're looking for designs, who are you planning to have build? I only ask because I've never had a better-built box than my Starr Mountain Sound box. The thing is braced to survive a car crash, the carpet is high-grade (not some dollar/sqft crud you can find on ebay), and customer service was top-notch. I also had a KERFed port and 4 bolts so I could wire each VC of my sub individually. I think his prices are more than fair and it really brought out the best for my ID10. All for 120 shipped to the west coast...couldn't pass it up.

OP, since you're looking for designs, who are you planning to have build? I only ask because I've never had a better-built box than my Starr Mountain Sound box. The thing is braced to survive a car crash, the carpet is high-grade (not some dollar/sqft crud you can find on ebay), and customer service was top-notch. I also had a KERFed port and 4 bolts so I could wire each VC of my sub individually. I think his prices are more than fair and it really brought out the best for my ID10. All for 120 shipped to the west coast...couldn't pass it up.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It seems I might end up sending buck a message then perhaps. I would love to go with Double 07 to get a box built and shipped but unfortunately I live in Canada so the shipping costs would probably be horrendous not to mention extra time going through customs and all that crap. I want to get a good design so that I can have a local car audio guy here in Victoria build it for me since I'm going to have my subs on Monday now instead of Tuesday (hooray FedEx). He has over 30yrs experience in car audio and I'm pretty confident he can handle building a box for me. Just never heard any of his work before so wanted to get a professional design for him to build.

Although maybe if Double 07 is still checking out this thread maybe you could give me a rough estimate on what a box for 2 sa8v2s would be shipped to Victoria BC in Canada? Cuz if the box design idea doesn't work out I may just come to you later to get it built and shipped if it won't be too costly.

Also the guy has never worked with sundown subs before so that's why I wanted to get someone who has worked with them before and knows what will work best with them because sundown is more widely used in the US than in Canada.

Shipping to Canada can be a bit pricey. I have shipped several fully assembled enclosures as well as DIY kits up there and shipping in it's self is rather costly. Then you have to tack on custom fee's and such.

Just for reference a dual 12" enclosure that we just shipped up there costed $145 for shipping alone. That was a fully assembled 4ft3 enclosure though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.