Looking for ONE sub that won't tear my car apart...

Look too many people like to bash any mainstream sub companies. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kicker L7's. They are great subs, perform VERY well and take a beating. Are their alternatives that you can buy in the same price range that people feel are better, yes. If you have experienced kicker l7's, and you liked what you seen than you cant go wrong. Its about making yourself happy and getting something out of what you paid for.

Look too many people like to bash any mainstream sub companies. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kicker L7's. They are great subs, perform VERY well and take a beating. Are their alternatives that you can buy in the same price range that people feel are better, yes. If you have experienced kicker l7's, and you liked what you seen than you cant go wrong. Its about making yourself happy and getting something out of what you paid for.
$350 for a 12" sub that only takes 750 RMS??? No thanks... I paid $357.50 for each of my DD 9512h's, and they look a hell of a lot better than the L7.

Which ones do you think can "take a beating" better? This is why we bash on mainstream companies like Kicker.

You said it yourself. There are alternatives that you can buy in the same price range that people feel are better. Why pay extra for an inferior product? You can pick up some great new Soundqubed's for less than an L7, and they will perform better!

a 12 on 1000W is enough hell maybe on 500 is enough. just have an amp that does rated with a gain knob and when you want calm bass you lower it. when you want to show off a little you turn the little knob up. easily achievable on $500 bucks

$350 for a 12" sub that only takes 750 RMS??? No thanks... I paid $357.50 for each of my DD 9512h's, and they look a hell of a lot better than the L7.
Which ones do you think can "take a beating" better? This is why we bash on mainstream companies like Kicker.

You said it yourself. There are alternatives that you can buy in the same price range that people feel are better. Why pay extra for an inferior product? You can pick up some great new Soundqubed's for less than an L7, and they will perform better!
Who said they were paying $350 for a 12" kicker? Yes, according to each person on these forums, they would recommend a different sub based on their opinions and experience. Some people will recommend stuff with no prior experiences with it just because its mainstream. If you like the sub you are buying than search for a good deal and buy it. Your stereo is about making yourself happy, not getting the approval of other people.

Who said they were paying $350 for a 12" kicker? Yes, according to each person on these forums, they would recommend a different sub based on their opinions and experience. Some people will recommend stuff with no prior experiences with it just because its mainstream. If you like the sub you are buying than search for a good deal and buy it. Your stereo is about making yourself happy, not getting the approval of other people.
The L7 has more marketing BS than anyother sub. SOLOBARIC means small box when in fact the L series need huge boxes to play anything under 40hz. You get more cone area but you make up for that in box size and no excurrsion. The coils and motor are the size of good midranges.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.