gonna repair my rf 12''s - heres what I have and what else can I do ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago

Im going to use this as a refference - see link above

Foam Surround Repair Kit for Rockford Punch 12 Speakers | eBay

These are the foam surrounsd - see above. I asked the seller if they would git my REP4212 ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCHES - Theyre so old school I cant find them online.

Set of Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" HE2 RFP4212 800 Watt Subwoofers Quality HE2

THE LINK ABOVE HAS A LINK FOR TEH SUBS.

Anyhow, here's my question.... I see how to put them on in the video but how do I remove them? The real concern is how do I remove the foam from the paper in a clean manner without tearing the paper cone ?

I use a razor blade and a steady hand. I don't necessarily cut it off but lightly scrape until it's clean. I didn't watch the video but I recommend pulling the dustcap and shimming the coil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.