Looking for new speaker set

Participant count
  • Participant list

divmondzz

I've been looking around for some nice sq components, and later coaxials for the back. Right now I have morel maximos, comps in front and coaxials in the back, powered by a pioneer 4 channel (i know its ****, but i will upgrade later). However, I was looking for an upgrade. Since local shops don't have demos of some speakers, I didn't know which ones were better.

I was looking at the JL C5, Morel Hybrid/Virtus, Hertz mlk, and Audison Voce.

Im looking for the smoothest tweeters and the least bright, more of a laid back sound. Which is why I didnt list focals. I was also looking into hybrid audio, but the shop recommended jl's over the hybrids for the flat response.

if you are going to go active 2-way with a sub, then you will need either a 4-channel amp with a sub amp or a 5-channel amp (6-channel will work, also, if you bridge two of the channels). I've heard nothing but great things about Audiofrog. If you can fit it in your budget, that is the way to go. They're sub are pretty darn good, as well.

I just heard the hertz mille as part of a demo and the audiofrogs in a car with the tweeters installed in the pillars. I really liked the hertz though, they were more rich and had some nice midbass. So if u recommend going with front comps only, ima go w the milles upfront, and instead of spending money on coaxials for the back, ima get a dank amp for the front speakers.

I currently have the tweeters for the morels installed in the deck since install was cheaper, but now ima do things right from the start and do a flush mount //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I dont know if i should go with audison, jl slash, or mosconi for the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.