Looking for good SQ 10in sub.

Jeff22
10+ year member

pa
I am looking for a nice sounding 10in sub something with excellent SQ.

I had an elemental designs e12a in a sealed box in my previous car with 300 watts going to it and it sounded perfect, not too loud and very tight, but that car was totalled along with the stereo system about a year ago. I had given up on car audio but now want to get started again on my new car.

I am looking for something similar to the elemental designs e12a in sound quailty, only in a 10in version so i can save some room in my trunk.

Right now i'm looking at a JL10W1 but if someone can suggest something better for $200 or less that would be great. I don't need anything that handles excessive power or gets insanely loud, it just needs to sound really clean.

I always liked that aluminum cone subwoofer but can't remember who made it, i heard one once and i thought it sounded really nice anyone know what i'm talking about? if so what was it and do they still make it?

does anyone recommend the JL10W1 or should i forget about it and look for something else.

I have heard a lot of good things about the IDQ line of the image dynamics brand and they seem to be highly recommended for a good sounding sub. They are on sale with free shipping at car domain too.

more than one company has used an aluminum cone, are you talking about the eclipse sub?

Do you have an amp yet? I assume you're going sealed, correct?

you can do better than a w1 for $200

IDQ 10

sound splinter RL-i 10

JL W0, 1, or 3 ( hear them all, just cant remember which ones come in 10")

W6 or W7 if you really feel froggy

Alpine type X

list can keep going......

i don't have an amp yet but will probably pick up a 300 watt either 150x2 or 300x1. most likely a jbl or something relatively affordable.

I can get a JL10W1 in a vented box for about $230 the sub by itself costs $110. or i can get it in a sealed box for $180

Yes! it was eclipse. I just did some searching and it apparently only comes in a 12in. and is a little more than i wanted to spend.

I was planning on going sealed but i'm still not completely decided i was kicking the idea of a vented box around too.

basically i have 3 options.

my first choice is 10in sealed

second would be 10in vented

third is 12in sealed

i am really thinking about the first two the third isn't really something i want to do unless i am talked into it for a good reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.