Looking for decent deadener

Stinger expert roadkill is better than audiotechnix. Thicker, a lot less messy and sticks well. 99 dollars for 36 sq feet, not too shabby.

Ive used the 80 mill from at. It works but its messy and it feels inferior when it comes to thickness/stiffness compared to the roadkill. Still better than dynamat though.

Theres better out there like damplifier pro, tantric gatorskin, knu knoknoise kolossus, raamat and stp gold but the cost is real.

Well I have 60 mil from audio technix in my car, I got 36 sqft for around 70 . I have no complaints in my car however would like to try something different

The 60 mill was pretty bad, youll see a big upgrade in quality getting the stinger expert roadkill.
Not trying to start a war here, but can you explain to me why YOU think personally AT 60 mil is bad? Have you done testing on their deadener? You have any results to prove your claim? However I will look into stinger expert

Not trying to start a war here, but can you explain to me why YOU think personally AT 60 mil is bad? Have you done testing on their deadener? You have any results to prove your claim? However I will look into stinger expert
Messy, thin, took a few layers on the flat surfaces to provide enough deadening to make a difference, installed in a friend's civic, roof, doors and trunk. Got bulk pack when they had their closeout sale and the at 80 mill was a lot better than the at 60 mill when it came to controlling vibrations. No technical tests, just knock tests and close observations of how much vibration there was. We did take off the doors after the summer to ipgrade speakers and it was nasty and gooey everywhere, it stayed on but it was a small mess.

The stiffness difference is, the at 80 mill would bend if i held it flat out while the roadkill was like thin sheet metal and just keep straight without bending when i held it out

I agree, it can be messy however I was able to tell a huge difference with it . However , it was my first time using deadener so I dont have much experience in using deadener but thank you for your response. Currently searching all deadeners, ill be looking at roadkill, SDS tiles, knu , stp, and a couple others

That's how it works. Some comes out with something cheap. Everyone hugs it till they figure out its trash.
oh, you're 100% right man. its just hilarious to me. I guess forums on the whole are like that. people pimping the latest piece of chinese crap that someone who knows exactly **** about speakers bought a palet of for cheap, while people on the forums recommend it, having never even SEEN the widget in real life, let alone used it. while people like you, who run a brand thats treated you right (in this case dd) abd suggest it, get labeled a "nuthugger", and told "nuh uh, the latest (insert generic speaker here) will blow that out of the water, and you can get 26 of em for a hundred dollars!!!!!"

sad, really.

on topic, stinger roadkill would be my choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.