Looking for comps under $200

Tips
10+ year member

Plano
I've been out of the loop for a while, I've been running my infinity ref comps with an inf ref amp for a few years now, but my amp busted so i figured it was time for an upgrade.

I'm going to be running a JL 300/4 bridged (150x2rms @ 4ohms). I need a pair of comps that can utilize that power, looking for some strong midbass, BUT I only wanna spend around 150.

I've had my eye on these.

CDT CL-61T $139

CDT CL-61A/TW-24 $149

Polk Audio MM6 $179

RE6.5 COMP $169

Zapco i-6.2 - $179

Image Dynamics CTX65CS $179

Any ideas? I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck, sales, coupons, I'll even buy new comps or slightly used comps anyone here is selling.

Hybrid Audio. Has the new Imagine line coming out in January if you can wait.

Price point is $200. I would definitely give them a look while you are looking.

The Zapcos are nothing but a let down....and I still to this day love Zapco.

Out of the list, the ID's will walk all over those. I still to this day, cannot belive how **** GOOD the CTX's sound.

Interesting. I can't even find the Hertz ESK or HSK stuff. I find spec sheets and reviews... but no idea where to buy it.

I'd rather not wait till January. I'm trying to order these by tomorrow night. I'll keep the ID's in mind... I've heard good things about them from everyone.

I know there are dealers in Texas and Oklahoma for Hertz.

Advantage Audio Norman, OK is a dealer might give them a call and see if they can sell to you or not within their dealer agreement.

Alright, I just bought the CTX65CS.

So excited. Haven't read a single bad review about them, and seems like the best bang for my buck. I just hope it fits in my civic.

I'm sure it will be a significant improvement from what I was running before, esp with the JL amp.

Thanks for the input guys.

Image Dynamics CTX65CS $179

^

These.

Much cleaner sound than the $300 Boston Pro60's they replaced. ID should charge double for them because now I am hesitant to upgrade to the CX's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.